MS wins E3 2019 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:13 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Seems like they're just scared of addressing the FF7 Remake.
Are you saying that Square feels shame? You know what you're suggesting, right? The only cure for dishonor is seppuku.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Shoeless's Avatar
HDD Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,073
Default

So weird to see a thread like this come up and realize that there's little chance the title isn't 100% accurate, with not much room for debate.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RM's Avatar
RM RM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Are you saying that Square feels shame? You know what you're suggesting, right? The only cure for dishonor is seppuku.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:27 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
So weird to see a thread like this come up and realize that there's little chance the title isn't 100% accurate, with not much room for debate.
It was honestly the first thing that popped in my head when I read it. We've come a long way. I mean, could you imagine the hot takes this would have gotten 5 years ago?
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:29 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
The last couple of sales failures from this year is going to put FF7 remake into overdrive. I can imagine we'll be hearing MUCH more about it in the next year.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM
RM's Avatar
RM RM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
The last couple of sales failures from this year is going to put FF7 remake into overdrive. I can imagine we'll be hearing MUCH more about it in the next year.
I keep feeling like they've got to land a hit at some point, and they keep missing the mark.

Outside of the first two Tomb Raider games in this recent reboot (haven't played Shadow yet, but I'll probably like it), I haven't had a Square game I liked since probably 2000-ish? Parasite Eve II and Vagrant Story - the end of that PSOne era.

*Also, I haven't played DragonQuest XI yet.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:07 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I keep feeling like they've got to land a hit at some point, and they keep missing the mark.
I played a bit of the new Deus Ex (well...not the new new one.). It was good. I mean, I think they make good games overall...it's just they aren't hitting out of the park in sales. Which, in some cases, is a true shame.

Quote:
Outside of the first two Tomb Raider games in this recent reboot (haven't played Shadow yet, but I'll probably like it), I haven't had a Square game I liked since probably 2000-ish? Parasite Eve II and Vagrant Story - the end of that PSOne era.
They def have some titles between then and now that are worth looking into. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is absolutely fine. It's just not amazing. It's totally fine and worth playing. Though, I might suggest to hold off until the DLC bundled edition comes out. It's a bit buggy and it should be fine after a few more patches.

Quote:
*Also, I haven't played DragonQuest XI yet.
The first JRPG I've finished since Ni No Kuni 1. It's a semi rough ride in the beginning and if you have an aversion to anime, it might annoy you. I can tolerate it because I built up a level of patience over the years. Though, it only hits those strange moments occasionally and not at a constant rate. So, you'll groan a few times within the 90+ hours it takes to beat it.

Now, I fully recommend using Cheat Engine once you get to the "final push" towards the boss. Just to cut out the time to get to the 99 levels and money. That stuff is just pure grinding and CC helps keep the momentum of the game going forward. I imagine without using it you'll be looking at a completion time beyond 100 hours. Which, could kill the momentum of the game at that point, thus, resulting in a player quit.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:13 PM
RM's Avatar
RM RM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,430
Default

I honestly don't know that I'll play it. There's just too many other games that are faster pace that I want to play, and I don't have nearly as much time anymore - maybe a dozen hours a week at most.

I will get to Shadow of the Tomb Raider at some point, I'm just not dying to play it. It's in the same boat as God of War, Nier, Wolfenstein 2, and Sniper Elite 4 - games I'll pick up and enjoy once I get through my "must plays".

Right now my "must play" list is:
  • Destiny 2 (actively playing)
  • Gears 4 (actively playing)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (haven't started)
  • Nioh (haven't started)
  • Far Cry 5 (half way done)
  • Dishonored 2 + DLC (haven't started)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Shoeless's Avatar
HDD Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
The last couple of sales failures from this year is going to put FF7 remake into overdrive. I can imagine we'll be hearing MUCH more about it in the next year.
I have to admit hearing that story about the FFXV guy quitting and leaving only one complete DLC from the planned 2019 release schedule was quite surprising. I have zero confidence in Nomura to put out anything on time, and the only other guy they seem to have in the Squenix studio that can stick to a deadline is busy keeping FFXIV relevant.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:30 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I honestly don't know that I'll play it. There's just too many other games that are faster pace that I want to play, and I don't have nearly as much time anymore - maybe a dozen hours a week at most.

I will get to Shadow of the Tomb Raider at some point, I'm just not dying to play it. It's in the same boat as God of War, Nier, Wolfenstein 2, and Sniper Elite 4 - games I'll pick up and enjoy once I get through my "must plays".

Right now my "must play" list is:
  • Destiny 2 (actively playing)
  • Gears 4 (actively playing)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (haven't started)
  • Nioh (haven't started)
  • Far Cry 5 (half way done)
  • Dishonored 2 + DLC (haven't started)
God of War would be the only one out of the list that I think demands your attention. Nier and Wolfenstein 2 are perfectly fine...but, damn, did God of War rock my world.

Dragon Quest XI has an interesting pacing. Each quest seems to have a solid beginning and ending. Thus, it kinda feels like an episode of a TV show. It also recaps everything of importance and helps re-setup whatever it is your currently doing. Honestly, it made it incredibly easy for me to play for an hour or two hours at a time during the week. It's a rather relaxing game.

Though, I completely understand the time commitment for it. However, it does a lot of QoL changes that I think most modern JRPGs should take into account. It just makes it easier for adults to play without having to use sick leave or whatever to make progress.

The only reason I have time these days because I'm single in a primarily couple heavy town. And, if I want to not be single, means I would have to downgrade my requirements. Thus, I have a 6 - 9 month period of time on which I can play games with almost pure attention. Kinda sad really.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road House 2 coming Jan 22 2019 mattedscreen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 09-19-2018 02:33 PM
Huge New Shout!/Scream Factory Titles Coming 2018/2019 mattedscreen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 8 07-26-2018 09:35 AM
3D More Popular than DVRs by 2019 According to ESPN TheDickWard 3D Gear & Movies 8 05-31-2010 02:08 PM
The Unfinished Format Wins - Microsoft The Big Loser - Sony Wins On Two Fronts gijoela High Definition Smackdown 66 02-16-2008 04:36 PM
Real sales data - HD DVD wins 2006 but Blu-ray wins December dobyblue High Definition Smackdown 124 01-24-2007 02:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off