Make up your mind Squenix! WTF is this about FF13!? - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
Why would you want that? Hype comes mostly from our expectations after we saw the trailer and images. The company speaks almost nothing and shows almost nothing about it.

And many of us have high expectations for good reasons. Why should the game fail only because we are eager and impatient to see how it will shape up?

This is probably one of the most expensive projects in the industry
Remember GTA4? Over hyped. How about Halo 3? Way over hyped. I can throw in a few more (Haze, Lair). My point is that they announce a game 2-3years before it comes out most of the time the game its meh.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
So is SE going to hold back FF Versus 13 as well till the main title is released on the PS3? I'm fine with holding out on the main one if I can have VS.
Like Liqwid said and he didn't mention that Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive still. That is why there is really no mention to hold back Versus. Also the rumors that they were pulling staff from Versus to work on XIII were debunked.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAPOTEER View Post
Remember GTA4? Over hyped. How about Halo 3? Way over hyped. I can throw in a few more (Haze, Lair). My point is that they announce a game 2-3years before it comes out most of the time the game its meh.
Quote:
Why would you want that? Hype comes mostly from our expectations after we saw the trailer and images. The company speaks almost nothing and shows almost nothing about it.

And many of us have high expectations for good reasons. Why should the game fail only because we are eager and impatient to see how it will shape up?

This is probably one of the most expensive projects in the industry
Spot the difference?

Why should it fail because WE have high expectations.

GTA4, Haze, Lair and Halo3 were getting tremendous coverage and attention for a long long time. Not to mention that these games were overrated as franchises to begin with IMO.

Why should this one fail too because some other companies did not deliver and gave us the poop instead of gold?

Personally I want this game to deliver and be a success because of the great experiences I had with the older ones. I d love to see a FF game that is as good as what 7 was back in 1997

edit: under that logic Resistance2, Killzone2, LBP etc should also fail
Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStroms View Post
It adds to the confusion, when well after it was announced for simultaneous release on the 360, Square said that they had put a lot of effort into place to streamlining their localization process and that it would take less time than on their recent games. So I'm really finding it hard to believe that they won't start the 360 port until the PS3 version is completely done, and they'll manage to completely port the game to the 360 and work out the bugs in say 6 months time or less?

I really don't see that many options.

1. They're lying about the reduced localization time.
2. The simultaneous release is a soft target and the 360 version may be delayed
3. They're lying about not starting the 360 port until the PS3 version is finished.
4. They're planning to rush the 360 port and it's likely to have problems and bugs.
5. They've got the most skilled team at porting games I've ever seen.
Its looking like either 2 and/or 4 will most likely happen, 1 and 5 look like pipe dreams and they wouldn't lie about 3
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Granted, I heard about RE4 for years, about all that was going on with it.

And...that exceeded the hype.

MGS4 was on the slow burn for a LONG time, and that totally imo lived up to the hype. So...it can go different ways.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Square Enix has always came out on top of their game.

Sure people give FF8 some crap, but it was/is one hundred times better than almost anything that has come out since. The only series that is even close is Atlus with Shin Mega. Final Fantasy 12 was groundbreaking in the way we look at upcoming RPG's.

If this game flops I'll eat my shoes.