I bought <console> for <unreleased game>. Come again? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION View Post
Nothing wrong with wanting something early, just my friends are impressed with houses, cars, things that matter in life, not gaming consoles.
I got my PS3 right after christmas and love that I had one before most of my friends and now a lot of them are sour over the fact that the BC is being stripped from the console, but they still want one and wished they would have bought the one I have right now.

BTW, you know that you are on a gaming forum, right? Those things like cars and such are for a little older crowd compared to what you would find in here. Most of the people in here are in love with their consoles and still have the "Neener-neener" mentality when it comes to said console, and I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that because I'm guilty of it myself!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Gee I wonder why this guy don't like the ps3/360 now cause his/her game isn't out yet. Read your opening statement to yourself and try to ask yourself why any adult would care what system a person owns, or what system a person dislikes. Who the F cares it's their money.
Dude, I asked a simple and valid question which others have admitted. I If you don't like the thread and think it's a waste of time, perhaps you shouldn't post in it about 10 times by now, yes?

Back on topic.

Last edited by Ph8; 01-29-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 AM

Being someone that owns my own home, has my car paid off, etc, it seems a little juvenile to be impressed by stuff like that, or want to impress anyone with it anyways.

That said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIBALNATION
Gee I wonder why this guy don't like the ps3/360 now cause his/her game isn't out yet. Read your opening statement to yourself and try to ask yourself why any adult would care what system a person owns, or what system a person dislikes. Who the F cares it's their money.
That shows you didn't really pay attention to the original post at all. It had nothing to do with "caring what system a person owns", nor does it matter that "it's their money"...the post was about people coming and complaining on boards such as this when their own impulsiveness is the cause of his complaint.

Last edited by Ph8; 01-29-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Special Member

MOD NOTE: People leave the personal comments out of your posts. Remember that if you respond to a comment that is perceived as an attack\bait that you are not helping the situation, you may also get the same warning\infraction as the person who did the baiting\attack.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 AM

I think it's reasonable to buy the console that has one's favorite franchises even if their "next-gen" installments are not out yet. What isn't reasonable is to complain about said games not being out yet since we already knew that...
Anyway, I got the PS3 mostly for Blu-ray but I definitely had GT5 in mind when I was buying it. It's a Sony game so it won't be coming out on any other platform and I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. Sentiment 1 - logic 0
But I'm not complaining, I'm very happy with my purchase and to my surprise I have spent more time gaming on it rather than watching movies.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:43 AM

For once I agree with you : I bought (and later sold) the Wii because I wanted to play ZELDA, I bought 360 because I wanted to play PGR3 (and I kept it because of Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Forza2, PGR4 and so on..) .

I am still on the fence for the PS3 because I still I have to see games that I want (my personal opinion of course) and I do not particularly care for Bluray (again my personal opinion)...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I don't think my friends would care if I got a gaming system on day one.How old are you guys around here.
How many times are you going to come in here and bitch about age? I told you before i'm 26, you did this last week.

How about you go into a gaming console smackdown and bitch about age and people talking about game machines. Make sense right?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
Sorry, should have clarified. I got it for the Brunswick Bowling game that had not been released yet.
I had Brunswick Bowling. Wii Sports Bowling is much better ...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 AM

I bought my original xbox for the Buffy Game.... it was supposed to be a launch title but I ended up waiting 7 months for it's eventual release.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 AM

I bought a PS2 for Metal Gear Solid 2 and can say that I've never been disappointed with the purchase. I pretty much purchased the PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4 and judging Kojima's track record I'm pretty sure I'm safe not to mention that I'm currently enjoying the games I own.