Forza vs GT - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
It has Polyphony Digital's blessing so I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The G25 is the best racing wheel ever created but it's too damn expensive.
I don't know the fanatec one looks to be about as good. But it is more expensive and has a long ass wait time. But at least now we have a good wheel for the 360 instead of the crappy ass ms one and with clutch! although many games don't use it. Hopefully forza 3 supports clutch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...r-Xbox-360.htm
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Geez. That'll break the bank. It looks awesome, but I can't afford that!

What do you think about the Logitech Driving Force GT controller?
you can get it cheaper on flebay.. but it is the best wheel out there fully suported clutch and full force feedback.. i wish i could afford it..
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
You won't ever know until you play it yourself. In my opinion, Microsoft demo'd it in the worst way possible.

Having said that, I will be buying Forza 3 and GT5.

One thing I need to know: what's a good steering wheel for the PS3. I would really like a first party wheel system like the 360's -- force feedback and everything.
logitec g25 is excellent. A bit pricy though but it does have a clutch pedal which is awesome
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheend View Post
I don't know the fanatec one looks to be about as good. But it is more expensive and has a long ass wait time. But at least now we have a good wheel for the 360 instead of the crappy ass ms one and with clutch! although many games don't use it. Hopefully forza 3 supports clutch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...r-Xbox-360.htm
I wouldn't go out and say that Microsoft's first party wheel is "crappy ass". It actually works very well. I do understand how many don't like how it doesn't have a clutch and only has paddle shifting, but it works fine for me, and the force-feedback on the 360 wheel is great.

I will look into one of these logitech wheels, though.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
As long as Polyphony is procrastinating they have every right to do so. But yeah, I fully expect GT5 to raise the bar to unattainable heights for every competitor including Forza 3.
Forza and GT both have Pros and cons.
So far there is no "definitive" racing game out this gen. Since Forza has no competition available yet to compare to for the "definitive" race sim title.
Forza is just the best available completed race sim so far of this gen of consoles.

...and I agree, the "painting" part is not a seller to me. I race, not draw while playing.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 PM

I prefer burnout over GT5, and forza 3 so
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
I prefer burnout over GT5, and forza 3 so
that is blasphemy in this topic. Sorry but you are burning in hell for saying that. j/k
Old 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
You won't ever know until you play it yourself. In my opinion, Microsoft demo'd it in the worst way possible.

Having said that, I will be buying Forza 3 and GT5.

One thing I need to know: what's a good steering wheel for the PS3. I would really like a first party wheel system like the 360's -- force feedback and everything.
I was unimpressed, like you, with the way MS demo'd forza 3 -- it was like car ballet with all sorts of spinning which shed a light on some rather unsavory physics etc. I also was a bit letdown with the graphics.

That said, if I still had my 360, I'd be purchasing -- because the title has me excited.

Hopefully they show PD a thing or two about delivering a great, realistic race-sim on-time.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
I was unimpressed, like you, with the way MS demo'd forza 3 -- it was like car ballet with all sorts of spinning which shed a light on some rather unsavory physics etc. I also was a bit letdown with the graphics.

That said, if I still had my 360, I'd be purchasing -- because the title has me excited.

Hopefully they show PD a thing or two about delivering a great, realistic race-sim on-time.
Quote:
From the Q&A with Sony Matt Levitan

Sony showcased several other exclusives as well, including Uncharted 2, MAG, Gran Turismo 5, and others. Is Sony looking at a blockbuster holiday line-up?

The holiday line-up this year looks great.

For me it starts with Uncharted 2. I had a chance to play three-on-three co-op in an internal demo, and I was blown away. Thatís probably the number one pick for me.

But thereís also MAG, and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time coming this holiday as well.

As for Gran Turismo 5, we havenít released an official date, but weíre trying to get that out this calendar year, so it could be a holiday game as well.

Some of the other ones are a little further off. God of War III, which was really wowing the audience, has been slated for March 2010.

Last Guardian hasnít been given a date, but that might be my most anticipated game because Shadow of the Colossus [which was made by the same studio, Team Ico] was maybe my favourite PS2 game of all time. I had a chance to see the video we showed here a few months ago, and it was really tough to keep it a secret. It just looks like an incredible gameplay experience.

And then thereís Final Fantasy XIV: Online, which is coming to PS3 exclusively. I only learned about that one a week or two ago, but Iím jazzed. I played Final Fantasy XI for about a year and a half.

So there are tons of great exclusives, four or five of which are set for this holiday season. But we wanted to show some of what will be coming out in 2010 and 2011, and I think we did a great job of that as well.
so maybe this holiday season?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM

If it was out this holiday season, then that would be A+