Forza vs GT - Page 2892 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2019, 11:31 AM

What's up everyone?! It's been a little over a year since I last posted on here, am a bit sad to see site traffic slow down some more.. I've lurked a bit but have been so busy with life that my forum postings across the internets have crawled almost to an entire stop. I hope everyone's been doing good and still gaming on!

With me, after some HDD drama I decided to take a little break overall and timing hit perfectly as I was dealing with a fairly serious health issue, diagnosed with an afib condition that I apparently have had all my life (explains a lot!). That, along with my wife's own health issues, and ongoing house projects along with my job's main projects and traveling ramping up big time, I just didn't have as much time to be as social, or game as much, as I'd like. All is good now, wife and I are making strides in improving both of our healths and finally were blessed with a beautiful baby girl just a few weeks ago.. Finally part of the Team Parents!

Still manage to find time to game but it's even more spread out with PC and console gaming. I have spent a ton more time with retro gaming though as I got big into raspberry pi stuff (recalbox, retropie, etc) even built a few pi setups and arcade sticks from scratch for some buddies. I couldn't justify a PS4 or Switch purchase just yet, just don't have as much free time to do so.

Hope everyone's doin great and starting 2019 on good note
Old 01-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Watcher of stances

glad you're doing well, cuco
congrats on the baby, it can be overwhelming at times.

i play my switch more than Xbox/PS4 because i don't have to compete with what the kids/wife are watching on TV and i can still be in same room.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
What's up everyone?! It's been a little over a year since I last posted on here, am a bit sad to see site traffic slow down some more.. I've lurked a bit but have been so busy with life that my forum postings across the internets have crawled almost to an entire stop. I hope everyone's been doing good and still gaming on!

With me, after some HDD drama I decided to take a little break overall and timing hit perfectly as I was dealing with a fairly serious health issue, diagnosed with an afib condition that I apparently have had all my life (explains a lot!). That, along with my wife's own health issues, and ongoing house projects along with my job's main projects and traveling ramping up big time, I just didn't have as much time to be as social, or game as much, as I'd like. All is good now, wife and I are making strides in improving both of our healths and finally were blessed with a beautiful baby girl just a few weeks ago.. Finally part of the Team Parents!

Still manage to find time to game but it's even more spread out with PC and console gaming. I have spent a ton more time with retro gaming though as I got big into raspberry pi stuff (recalbox, retropie, etc) even built a few pi setups and arcade sticks from scratch for some buddies. I couldn't justify a PS4 or Switch purchase just yet, just don't have as much free time to do so.

Hope everyone's doin great and starting 2019 on good note
Good health to all and congrats on the little one! Health and family are way more important. We had our second girl 3 months ago, and we're moving (locally, but moving still sucks and takes a ton of time), so I share the feeling on being stretched thin for gaming time. I also don't think there's very much to really debate anymore -- so I mostly pop in to see what folks are thinking as they move through games.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:23 AM

Glad to hear you're doing well cuco! Welcome to Fatherhood. Enjoy not sleeping for the next 6-48 months. :yay:
Old 01-14-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Good health to all and congrats on the little one! Health and family are way more important. We had our second girl 3 months ago, and we're moving (locally, but moving still sucks and takes a ton of time), so I share the feeling on being stretched thin for gaming time. I also don't think there's very much to really debate anymore -- so I mostly pop in to see what folks are thinking as they move through games.
We just spent this last week moving. Our realtor told me she was 95% sure our original closing date wasn't going to happen and would be pushed by 2 weeks while we waited on our seller to do repairs to the house. 4 days before, we found out she finished all the work in time and the original date was still on.

I had to rent a truck, pack up our entire house and be out in just under 96 hours. We sold our previous home at 10AM and bought the new house at noon. Pulled the truck into the driveway at 2PM and had it unloaded at 11:30PM. It was a very strong reminder that I'm 38, not 23. I'm on a steady diet of Advil and coffee for the next week trying to recover...

It was worth it though. We doubled out square footage, I've got a dedicated office, the "game room" will be a dedicated home-school room for the kids (for now...) and we're in the suburbs where it's quite.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
We just spent this last week moving. Our realtor told me she was 95% sure our original closing date wasn't going to happen and would be pushed by 2 weeks while we waited on our seller to do repairs to the house. 4 days before, we found out she finished all the work in time and the original date was still on.

I had to rent a truck, pack up our entire house and be out in just under 96 hours. We sold our previous home at 10AM and bought the new house at noon. Pulled the truck into the driveway at 2PM and had it unloaded at 11:30PM. It was a very strong reminder that I'm 38, not 23. I'm on a steady diet of Advil and coffee for the next week trying to recover...

It was worth it though. We doubled out square footage, I've got a dedicated office, the "game room" will be a dedicated home-school room for the kids (for now...) and we're in the suburbs where it's quite.
Hell yeah, nice!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:06 AM

Very nice to see you back Cuco
Awesome news about the little one....yeah....if you thought you were tired before

and glad to hear you and your wife are feeling better

and a friendly reminder that the Grand Tour is back on Friday