A Few More Details About Microsoft’s Xbox Scarlett Game Streaming Service - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2019, 06:22 PM

Too lazy for making a new thread but rumors flyiing that GamePass will hit Nintendo Switch (which would necessitate streaming their games). Fascinating development/partnership.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-21-2019, 07:43 PM

Sorry. Unrelated but you said Switch

Is there really no way to put video files on the Switch? I bought one for my daughter with the idea that I would get to try it out for myself and see if it could replace my Vita when I’m flying. But if you can’t put movies on it.....wtf????? Has there been any other device in the last like 10 years that couldn’t????

Just wow.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Too lazy for making a new thread but rumors flyiing that GamePass will hit Nintendo Switch (which would necessitate streaming their games). Fascinating development/partnership.
I don't understand. The Microsoft thing? On Switch? How? What?!
Old 02-21-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
I don't understand. The Microsoft thing? On Switch? How? What?!
Streaming to Nintendo.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02...tles-to-switch

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-22-2019, 12:02 AM

Like PS Now? Ignoring the questions of licensing, that is not easy on a technical level.

I have many questions, but I suppose we will see when we will see.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Sorry. Unrelated but you said Switch

Is there really no way to put video files on the Switch? I bought one for my daughter with the idea that I would get to try it out for myself and see if it could replace my Vita when I’m flying. But if you can’t put movies on it.....wtf????? Has there been any other device in the last like 10 years that couldn’t????

Just wow.
It doesn't read media off the local SD card. Because Nintendo.

This company does one thing well - play their true exclusive games. That's it. That's all they've ever done.

They aren't interested in being a multi-functional device, and they haven't been the best place to play multiplatform games since the SNES.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post

This company does one thing well - play their true exclusive games. That's it. That's all they've ever done.

They aren't interested in being a multi-functional device, and they haven't been the best place to play multiplatform games since the SNES.
LOT of people playing indies on the Switch now though.

It became the PS Vita but actually popular.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post

Thank you. That's genuinely disappointing. Kills the Switch for me without the functionality and no exclusives that appeal to me (not a knock on their exclusives....I've just never owned one of their consoles so wasn't brought up on their exclusives.)

Unfortunately my daughter doesn't seem interested either.....if it's not a game on her phone she doesn't care