E3 2015: Microsoft, nintendo, sony - the results - IGN versus - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Guyzzzz remember when resolution didn't matter (when PS3 was below 360)?
Now it matters when PS4 is above Xbox One.

Indy told me!
Someone should check if someone's using CD's account to sockpuppet, because he's not usually this much of a tryhard.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 PM
weasl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
while indy certainly placebo'd himself, the difference between 900p and 1080p cannot be dismissed on this one incident (i don't think it is though)

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/10/07/900p-vs-1080p/

i can't find the game room post, but even my before/after screenshots showed a difference

*edit*
found them, search was being difficult
before patch
Spoiler


after patch
Spoiler


also, this is quite a diversion
The main difference is sharpness. 900p will always have a softer image with a bit more aliasing issues which really isn't noticeable unless you have a larger TV.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
The main difference is sharpness. 900p will always have a softer image with a bit more aliasing issues which really isn't noticeable unless you have a larger TV.
And considering the average size of TVs has gone up considerably over the last 10 years? It's fair to say that resolution differences will be more noticeable with TV sizes going up:

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:12 PM
CorruptedDragon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,099
Default

1080p eyes, 1080p eyes....
View the world from 1080p eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothin behind


*note I hate this band but this fits.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
IGN versus is voted by the users not the editors. Soooo... you really have no point to make when you point out conflicting opinions about the credibility of their editors and past reviews. You do realize that, right?
Oh.. so this is user votes for IGN? Ha ha... another poll?

@CD, that terminator bit was hilarious. Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:26 PM
CorruptedDragon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
Oh.. so this is user votes for IGN? Ha ha... another poll?

@CD, that terminator bit was hilarious. Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Indy got roasted and he's walking around like "I'm ok" even though his clothes are charred and smoke is rising off of him.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM
kyzer1978's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
Oh.. so this is user votes for IGN? Ha ha... another poll?
Uh YEAH!!! A pretty good one too considering the amount of votes.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Indy got roasted and he's walking around like "I'm ok" even though his clothes are charred and smoke is rising off of him.
He is the reason I learned it was ok to be wrong too. His VF on the 360 thing.. Ha ha.. That Crysis thread is sooooo huge. It's crazy reads seeing how the third party game is played off for exclusives in that thread. About how games look and all that. And then this gen, how third party games are very important how they look. It's really an awesome read. I wish Kage was still posting. Great poster.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
And yet, my point still stands.
It really doesn't though. CD is right. It blows a hole in your argument because real world results showed otherwise.

You can argue that a side by side will show a massive difference. It is still flawed when it comes to "blind test" because you failed to see it. Which, many others will be of the same ilk. So, really, CD is right in saying that in real life usage, the difference isn't that grand. It's only upon side by side comparisions do people tend to notice.

Do I prefer 1080p? Yes. I also own a 65" TV.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
Oh.. so this is user votes for IGN? Ha ha... another poll?
So wait, if the results come from user votes then it's wrong, but if the results come from a website's staff then it's paid off? Gotta love that mid logic.

Quote:
Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Yep! The golden thread!

By the way, I noticed you've ignored this thread after this post... What happened?

It's just so strange to see you go from making more than a half-dozen posts in a day and then go completely silent in that thread. Why the sudden lack of interest in that thread? You were so into it and you keep posting on other threads, but suddenly... Not a peep.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Friday 2015 Results kyzer1978 Gaming Smackdown 14 12-01-2015 05:52 PM
July 2015 NPD results: PlayStation Fourth of July Edition. Indy_aka_Rex Gaming Smackdown 93 08-20-2015 10:08 AM
Sony Q2 results: PS4 soars, Sony still bleeds Dennis M. Gaming Smackdown 37 11-02-2014 03:24 PM
IGN: Why Blu-ray is Better than DVD (2nd IGN article in series) Kosty High Definition Smackdown 33 04-01-2009 04:20 PM
dtshdma versus truehd versus pcm petethebaker Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 11-06-2007 04:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off