E3 2015: Microsoft, nintendo, sony - the results - IGN versus - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Guyzzzz remember when resolution didn't matter (when PS3 was below 360)?
Now it matters when PS4 is above Xbox One.

Indy told me!
Someone should check if someone's using CD's account to sockpuppet, because he's not usually this much of a tryhard.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
while indy certainly placebo'd himself, the difference between 900p and 1080p cannot be dismissed on this one incident (i don't think it is though)

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/10/07/900p-vs-1080p/

i can't find the game room post, but even my before/after screenshots showed a difference

*edit*
found them, search was being difficult
before patch
Spoiler

after patch
Spoiler

also, this is quite a diversion
The main difference is sharpness. 900p will always have a softer image with a bit more aliasing issues which really isn't noticeable unless you have a larger TV.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
The main difference is sharpness. 900p will always have a softer image with a bit more aliasing issues which really isn't noticeable unless you have a larger TV.
And considering the average size of TVs has gone up considerably over the last 10 years? It's fair to say that resolution differences will be more noticeable with TV sizes going up:

Old 07-08-2015, 01:12 PM

1080p eyes, 1080p eyes....
View the world from 1080p eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothin behind

*note I hate this band but this fits.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
IGN versus is voted by the users not the editors. Soooo... you really have no point to make when you point out conflicting opinions about the credibility of their editors and past reviews. You do realize that, right?
Oh.. so this is user votes for IGN? Ha ha... another poll?

@CD, that terminator bit was hilarious. Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Old 07-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post

@CD, that terminator bit was hilarious. Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Indy got roasted and he's walking around like "I'm ok" even though his clothes are charred and smoke is rising off of him.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Uh YEAH!!! A pretty good one too considering the amount of votes.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
Indy got roasted and he's walking around like "I'm ok" even though his clothes are charred and smoke is rising off of him.
He is the reason I learned it was ok to be wrong too. His VF on the 360 thing.. Ha ha.. That Crysis thread is sooooo huge. It's crazy reads seeing how the third party game is played off for exclusives in that thread. About how games look and all that. And then this gen, how third party games are very important how they look. It's really an awesome read. I wish Kage was still posting. Great poster.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
And yet, my point still stands.
It really doesn't though. CD is right. It blows a hole in your argument because real world results showed otherwise.

You can argue that a side by side will show a massive difference. It is still flawed when it comes to "blind test" because you failed to see it. Which, many others will be of the same ilk. So, really, CD is right in saying that in real life usage, the difference isn't that grand. It's only upon side by side comparisions do people tend to notice.

Do I prefer 1080p? Yes. I also own a 65" TV.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
So wait, if the results come from user votes then it's wrong, but if the results come from a website's staff then it's paid off? Gotta love that mid logic.

Quote:
Yep.. we found the golden thread! Thank the gods for that Crysis graphics thread!
Yep! The golden thread!

By the way, I noticed you've ignored this thread after this post... What happened?

It's just so strange to see you go from making more than a half-dozen posts in a day and then go completely silent in that thread. Why the sudden lack of interest in that thread? You were so into it and you keep posting on other threads, but suddenly... Not a peep.