Digital Foundry talks up The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
Me neither. Must be one of those Sony games.
Honestly, I was confused at first because I thought it was a Microsoft game. How many of those have we had this year?

BTW, I really like this image set that's been making the rounds lately:

(Granted, GoW sn't on the XBONE list and there's stuff missing on the PS4 list, but... It's fairly accurate. )
Old 07-22-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
BTW, I really like this image set that's been making the rounds lately:

(Granted, GoW sn't on the XBONE list and there's stuff missing on the PS4 list, but... It's fairly accurate. )
I don't think it paints as great of a picture as you might think it does. Half of the titles on each list are niche games that won't be heard of or played by most. As far as name recognition goes, the Xbone list holds up pretty strongly, and wins during the all-important holiday sales season.

The most recognizable titles on the PS4 are the Order (lead balloon), remasters, a sports game for baseball fans and Bloodborne (which was supposedly pretty awesome). Not a horrible list, but not exactly lighting the world on fire.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:02 PM

oh brother, people in here without a ps4 who wouldnt be playing this game even if they had one. lol incredible. us xbots know what im talking about lol
Old 07-22-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
oh brother, people in here without a ps4 who wouldnt be playing this game even if they had one. lol incredible. us xbots know what im talking about lol
ahahahahahahahaha it's wild!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Okay that was funny.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Okay that was funny.
lol of course you see the funny when he posts his posts but when i posts my posts its never funny its just smackdown jollies ahahaha so weird
Old 07-22-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
As far as name recognition goes, the Xbone list holds up pretty strongly, and wins during the all-important holiday sales season.
The XBONE list for the Holiday is: Halo and Tomb Raider. Halo's undoubtedly a heavy-hitter in that list, but with TR coming out the same month as: CoD, SW: Battlefront, AC: Syndicate, etc.? I think it'll be middle-of-the-charts for that month, maybe above Guitar Hero, Rockband 4, etc. I'd argue: 1. CoD, 2. SW: Battlefront, 3. Halo 5, 4. AC: Syndicate, 5. Tomb Raider. (Swap AC for Halo if Halo has a softer landing than usual).

I'm not even counting September, because September is absolutely going to be Metal Gear territory with maybe Mad Max in 2nd and that new Destiny expansion at 3.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:16 PM

I heard the big news today is that one of the xbox exclusives finally hit 1080p. doom rangers or something like that?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The XBONE list for the Holiday is: Halo and Tomb Raider. Halo's undoubtedly a heavy-hitter in that list, but with TR coming out the same month as: CoD, SW: Battlefront, AC: Syndicate, etc.? I think it'll be middle-of-the-charts for that month, maybe above Guitar Hero, Rockband 4, etc. I'd argue: 1. CoD, 2. SW: Battlefront, 3. Halo 5, 4. AC: Syndicate, 5. Tomb Raider. (Swap AC for Halo if Halo has a softer landing than usual).

I'm not even counting September, because September is absolutely going to be Metal Gear territory with maybe Mad Max in 2nd and that new Destiny expansion at 3.
You were posting lists of exclusives. I can't see how turning around and trying to water them down with multiplats is going to work. Agreed that, as usual, the holidays are a crowded release window.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:

PS4's exclusive holiday 2015 heavy hitter list: