BC Matters (Not to Sony fans) - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post

Playing the same old games just how you played them 10 years ago matters when that's what your lineup looks like in 2015.

Its all they have. Let the poor xbots have their fun. Its not their fault that their exclusives are so pitiful, piss-poor and underwhelming that they have to attach themselves to the success of their last-gen machine. Its kinda like these guys running around with rebel flags. Living in the past...back when things went their way.

Hell, mid has made more threads on wrinkly, stale old games than he has for any of the new ones. that shows just how excited he is over these "amazing" exclusives.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
They don't?

Yeah, that service is lighting up the fuckin charts, I tell ya. I mean, I signed up right away! I bet all the other cronys here use this service on a daily basis, dont you?

If you werent such a whore for any corporation with microsoft in the title, youd make the same claim. But you have a role to play, so keep on dancin, monkey.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Watcher of stances

Still weird to see last gen games suddenly mattering
Old 07-22-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
BC is, at its best, a nice-to-have to the average gamer. Not some game-changer but a nice-to-have. Now, by "at its best" I mean -- when the system is launched and has nothing to play (neither is true of Xbox One at this point), and when it is hardware/1-to-1 BC (also not true of Xbox One). Essentially, what is realistically a nice-to-have, at most, has been knocked down to half-of-a-nice-to-have by at least the fact that it's 2 years late.
This is exactly right. It's good fan service and a nice-to-have. It matters. How much it matters is relative. Getting limited scope software emulation BC a couple years into the generation? Certainly better than nothing. Also certainly not a megaton.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:13 PM

I was thinking about buying an x1, but since the only games worth of shit to play on it have already been out for 5 years, I'll just stick with the piece of shit xbox I already have.

thanks obama
Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Yeah, that service is lighting up the fuckin charts, I tell ya. I mean, I signed up right away! I bet all the other cronys here use this service on a daily basis, dont you?

If you werent such a whore for any corporation with microsoft in the title, youd make the same claim. But you have a role to play, so keep on dancin, monkey.
So Sony spent a ton of money on Goku and the PSNow service, and MS spent a ton of money on BC support because they just don't matter anymore?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
God of War 3
Journey
Uncharted collection
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
Tearaway Unfolded

Seems PS4 users like to pay to play their old games.
Updated versions? Sure, why not. You guys don't seem to have a problem with the fact that 2/3 of the year's XBONE lineup is cross-gen.

Also, Journey's cross-buy compatible, so it's free for people who had it on PS3. Still, nobody really counted Journey to begin with.

As for Tearaway... Barely anyone played that game on Vita, so for most people? It's not going to be an "old game" especially since it's mostly new content to boot, not a remaster.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post

Playing the same old games just how you played them 10 years ago matters when that's what your lineup looks like in 2015.
Damn, Gears and Rare in August got delayed?!!? I mean they must have if Indy's calendar is right
Old 07-22-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about buying an x1, but since the only games worth of shit to play on it have already been out for 5 years, I'll just stick with the piece of shit xbox I already have.

thanks obama
I would assume this is the same reason you haven't bought a PS4.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Its all they have. Let the poor xbots have their fun. Its not their fault that their exclusives are so pitiful, piss-poor and underwhelming that they have to attach themselves to the success of their last-gen machine. Its kinda like these guys running around with rebel flags. Living in the past...back when things went their way.

Hell, mid has made more threads on wrinkly, stale old games than he has for any of the new ones. that shows just how excited he is over these "amazing" exclusives.
Now Xbox users are being compared to racist southerners.