Canadian Gamers: You finally have a magazine - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Canadian Gamers: You finally have a magazine

I was given the green light to let some of you folks know about this:

SOURCE

That's a link to a publication that's just started up. It's called C&G Monthly, which stands for Comics & Games. The magazine is about 40% comics, 60% games in content, but it's the first time that I can recall that Canada has had its own gaming publication. Copies should be available in newstands by the end of the week nationally, although it's already available in provinces like Ontario and Quebec, and slowly making its way to the coasts. Its basic mandate is to write about comics and games for an older audience.

You'll have to be a bit patient with the magazine, as it's just starting up and the big developers and publishers are still keeping an eye on it and not yet providing review copies in as timely as fashion as the more established American publications. But for Canucks that always wondered "Why don't we have our own video game magazine" you've got one now.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM

Well actually Quebec has long has it's own mags but they are in French.

Anyhow, this site is not blocked from my firewall yet. Are you writing reviews for this one Shoeless?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM

what's this all aboot eh?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Well actually Quebec has long has it's own mags but they are in French.

Anyhow, this site is not blocked from my firewall yet. Are you writing reviews for this one Shoeless?
Yeah, I'm involved with this one. And I didn't know that Quebec had its own gaming magazines, although that's really not a big surprise when I think about it.

I'm doing a lot of stuff with the magazine, from reviews, to features to interviews. We're still trying invade the Ubisoft Toronto offices and get some face time with Jade Raymond.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Jade certainly didn't come out in public for AC2. Some of those comics online were quite harsh on her...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Jade certainly didn't come out in public for AC2. Some of those comics online were quite harsh on her...
Yeah, she's been keeping a lower profile. Part of that is being assigned to Ubisoft Toronto. That's probably the most ironic part; C&G's office and Ubisoft Toronto are in the same building, with C&G being one floor over, so it's not like it's hard to pay them a visit, just get past the "Gatekeepers."

Still, Jade Raymond sightings have been confirmed, so she's still around, doing stuff.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM

You wrote the Bayonetta review, didn't you?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
You wrote the Bayonetta review, didn't you?
Uh... could be...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM

I could tell. It has your familiar tone to the writing style.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
HDD Contributor

Busted.

I also have a White Knight Chronicles review in the pipeline, but that's not up yet. Unfortunately Sony Canada is being a bit cagey with the magazine for the moment, so we're going to have a late review of Heavy Rain. Sega and EA are being pretty good so far, though.