Lost in Nightmares/ Desperate Escape (RE5 DLC) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Default Lost in Nightmares/ Desperate Escape (RE5 DLC)

Couldn't find the topic, so mods, feel free to merge if you like. The DLC will be released in two packs starting on the 17th for XBL and 18th for PSN, followed by the 2nd set on March 3rd.

First set includes Lost in Nightmares, which is basically a replay of the flashback of the mission that Chris and Jill carried out in Spencer's mansion leading to the fight with Wesker. Very slow paced scenario that's mostly puzzle based but with a number of powerful enemy encounters. Price is $4.99. A costume pack will be released on the same day for $1.99.

The second set will include Desperate Escape with Jill and Josh, priced similarly and yet another costume pack as well.

Alongside the costume packs, you'll be getting new Mercenaries characters which include Excella (shite), Rebecca, and Barry. All unique so they're not just skins.

I think I'm the only one here who has the JPN version but I'll just mention that the DLC was delayed to March. The disc version will be out on the 17th on the PS3 only there with all content on disc. The western edition titled "Gold Edition" will be out in mid March on both consoles but the 360 one will only have a voucher for the DLC's. They're priced $50 (JPN or US).

The PS3 game should get a patch that includes the DLC's alongside some effects/performance touch ups next week as well. Meanwhile, have a look at some high res scans of this week's Famitsu:

http://www.biohaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4992

Lastly, RE5 will be released on XBL next Tuesday as well as a few avatar clothes. No pricing was mentioned.

The PS3 got a really really crappy "premium" theme in Japan recently for merely $2 that included some static CG images of Chris, Sheva, and others.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I'm still pissed that they cut it out of the full game. And yes. It was there originally.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 PM

Mega lame that the constume packs are seperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I'm still pissed that they cut it out of the full game. And yes. It was there originally.
I hadn't heard that before, where'd you see it?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
LIN was planned conceptually but no real work was done aside from the backgrounds used in the cutscenes. Though the main game had a ton of content cut off going by the scrapped art work that would've changed the tone of the game.

From what I heard, the DLC's were done because they already had the models and whatnot so they figured, what the hell. Quite a few of the scenes in the recent trailer reminded me of scrapped versions of previous games, particularly RE3.5

Quote:
I hadn't heard that before, where'd you see it?
Recent director notes off the official website for the new disc version (called Alternative Edition in Japan).

Last edited by MSX2; 02-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM

My experience was much more "hands on" if you catch my drift. And Sheva was not there at the start either. There was a lot cut out. Some weird decisions were made. It was a confusing development time.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM

Cutscene background models or unused data? Going back to every "update" version including CVX, if you dug enough, you'd find unused data in them. Had some fun doing that with the RE2 demo disc back then.

I think most people have figured that Sheva was added to alleviate the racism accusations. Problem is that with people like Inafune and Takeuchi in charge of development, every single Capcom game has to have some kind of a tacked on co-op aspect.

I hope the feedback was good enough to re-think their approach and opt for a single player experience but with good online play options. VS was a joke.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
My experience was much more "hands on" if you catch my drift. And Sheva was not there at the start either. There was a lot cut out. Some weird decisions were made. It was a confusing development time.
Happens all the time in games development. The cutting room floor for ideas/completed content for your average game dev cycle is insane.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:52 PM

I am very much looking forward to picking this up - I never buy DLC but I will be all over this.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM

I really wish they would do a remake of RE 1,2 and 3 with todays graphics and controls from RE5. I also didn't care for the story in RE5, (takes place in africa???) it got really boring and stupid fight bosses. I miss the dark city atmosphere with zombies everywhere.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Any word on achievements/trophies for the new content?