issues with gamefly - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Default issues with gamefly

I've had gamefly for about 6 months now.

I send all my games back but about half of them never reach gamefly. anybody have this issue? I don't know if there is a thief in the post office or somewhere along the chain or if they are honest mistakes. Thing is I can't believe they are, because i've had blockbuster online and not 1 movie has been lost out of 200+ movies rented.

This is extremely frustrating for me as I hate thievery and it affects my turnaround time and now on top of that after my last email about them not receiving my last game, they responsed and said they noticed alot of missing games and how they could review my account in the future if more games are missing and see if they can uphold their service commitment to me.

does that mean they will boot me from gamefly?

i mean this is a crock of shit, I send every game back and it goes missing which is not my fault. I hope they don't think I'm stealing.

so anybody who has gamefly do most or all of your games reach gamefly? or go missing here and there
Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM

They may boot you depending on their terms of use, however there have been several gamefly incidents with the post office and its employees targeting them specifically as you cant tell if the Blockbuster is a movie or a game, so no sense in taking chances.. Its not always the post office either, if you live in a house where your mailbox is near the sidewalk it could just be some kids. However if you are dropping it in a secure area, chances are someone at USPS is sneaking the games for themselves.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
They may boot you depending on their terms of use, however there have been several gamefly incidents with the post office and its employees targeting them specifically as you cant tell if the Blockbuster is a movie or a game, so no sense in taking chances.. Its not always the post office either, if you live in a house where your mailbox is near the sidewalk it could just be some kids. However if you are dropping it in a secure area, chances are someone at USPS is sneaking the games for themselves.
i think i'm going to go to the post office and get a number i can call for an investigation. stealing mail is a federal crime.

I can't imagine what else it could be, too many games disappearing and it must be a thief.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM

I decided to give Gamefly a chance last month. It took about 5 days to receive Bayonetta after it shipped. I then decided to "Keep It" and it took about three weeks, two emails and one credit card dispute to finally get my game case. I finally decided Gamefly just wasn't for me.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Hopefully you are dropping your games off in a secure drop off, don't use your street mailbox, use a drop box. Gamefly is pretty good at investigating this stuff, but that would seriously suck if they do end your plan.

filing an official complaint with your post office is a good start though.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Formerly the13stuff

I recall hearing about at least one incident with a postal worker keeping the games from gamefly. I don't remember the specifics or if it was just one person or not.

On a slightly related note, I've been thinking of trying Gamefly out myself. Does anyone have any knowledge of getting a free month trial? the minimal trial they have themselves sounds like a joke.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13stuff View Post
I recall hearing about at least one incident with a postal worker keeping the games from gamefly. I don't remember the specifics or if it was just one person or not.

On a slightly related note, I've been thinking of trying Gamefly out myself. Does anyone have any knowledge of getting a free month trial? the minimal trial they have themselves sounds like a joke.
if you live close to a distribution center try it.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Sorry for the sidebar question, but when you get a game from gamefly, you have the option to keep it. Do you ever have anyway of knowing whether it's brand new or used or not?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Sorry for the sidebar question, but when you get a game from gamefly, you have the option to keep it. Do you ever have anyway of knowing whether it's brand new or used or not?
usually you can tell it's used because the game will have scratches and what not

and it'll be new if it's obvious like getting a game when it releases right away
Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 PM

First off, Gamefly has to protect their business. If someone in the mail system is stealing the games, they can choose not to send to you to avoid that problem.

As others have said, always drop it in a mailbox. Never leave it out on your box or with anyone else's outgoing mail.

If you are already doing that, I would try taking your games to a different part of town. Mailboxes are serviced locally by post offices. If your local post office has a thief who's causing you trouble, try dropping the game off in a mailbox on the other side of town. See if that helps for a bit and file a complaint with your local post office.