Bioshock 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Default Bioshock 2

I'm picking this up next Tuesday. Early reviews are excellent and I like what I am seeing in the videos.

I will not be buying the LE though as the extras look seriously lame for the huge increase of price.

Anyone else interested in this one?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM

I didn't pre-order the collector's edition either... vinyl???

The first one was one of my favorite games ever, so I am really looking forward to this one, but I am VERY concerned about them trying to put multiplayer stuff in it.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Absolutely.

I actually like the LE, although I won't be getting it. Bioshock is a favorite of both me and my girlfriend, so we are both looking forward to it.

I was concerned about the multiplayer aspect, too...But I had fears about Uncharted 2's multiplayer and it ended up not only enhancing the replayibility of the game, but it also did not take away any focus from the developers on the single player portion. I think if they can follow a similar path, all will be well. (although, the mp part on bioshock looks like a big clusterfuck everytime i've seen anything on it, whereas the mp in Uncharted 2 was done really well)(pss - I won't be buying this for the mp anyways, so as long as they didn't fuck up the sp part of this game in order to shoehorn some mp in there, I'll be happy)
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Absolutely.

I actually like the LE, although I won't be getting it. Bioshock is a favorite of both me and my girlfriend, so we are both looking forward to it.

I was concerned about the multiplayer aspect, too...But I had fears about Uncharted 2's multiplayer and it ended up not only enhancing the replayibility of the game, but it also did not take away any focus from the developers on the single player portion. I think if they can follow a similar path, all will be well. (although, the mp part on bioshock looks like a big clusterfuck everytime i've seen anything on it, whereas the mp in Uncharted 2 was done really well)(pss - I won't be buying this for the mp anyways, so as long as they didn't fuck up the sp part of this game in order to shoehorn some mp in there, I'll be happy)
Tacking multiplayer onto a game that was great because it was such an isolated, solo affair really sucks balls and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. I think we are on the same page here.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm skipping it for now. I know reviews have been positive, but I'll wait for the typical reviewer pre-release glow to wear off. I just don't buy that it has a logical and good storyline to follow the original.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM

I'd attempt to replay the original and finish my achievements before the sequel hits but I'm so enamored into Mass Effect 2 that I can't play anything else.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow1019 View Post
I'm skipping it for now. I know reviews have been positive, but I'll wait for the typical reviewer pre-release glow to wear off. I just don't buy that it has a logical and good storyline to follow the original.
I would have liked to see a prequel to Bioshock... where things in Rapture went to shit and people were running rampant.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Tacking multiplayer onto a game that was great because it was such an isolated, solo affair really sucks balls and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. I think we are on the same page here.
Absolutely. when I heard Uncharted 2 was getting multiplayer, the first thing I did was make a public declaration that if the game sucked - the blame was being laid squarely at the feet of everyone who bitches about a game that doesn't have a multiplayer aspect to it. It turned out just fine, and the single player portion of that game ended up being one of the most fun games I've ever played. Hopefully, the same will be said about Bioshock 2
Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Yup, day one. It's probably just more of the same, which isn't a bad thing.. Exploring the sea outside of Rapture could be cool..
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I would have liked to see a prequel to Bioshock... where things in Rapture went to shit and people were running rampant.
I think the multiplayer portion takes place 10 years before. I don't really know how they can fit any sort of story or structure into that, but apparently that is the case.