Tatsunoko vs capcom the best fighter in a long time - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM

Default Tatsunoko vs capcom the best fighter in a long time

It's been a long time since I have this fun with a fighter. Any fighter fans or Wii owners needs to put this on their must buy list.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 AM

Picked my copy up yesterday morning. Took me about 30 mins to beat the arcade mode. I'm loving it. I'm playing Ryu/Viewtiful Joe atm.

I'm having loads of fun, but I have to that Yami is one of the most annoying bosses I've played. Haven't tried online out yet.

I also picked up the TvC fight stick. It's pretty sweet and that's coming from a guy who owns a HRAP:EX SE/SA and TE.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 AM

I wish it wasn't Wii exclusive. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was PS3 or 360, but with the Wii I just never find myself actually playing the games I buy no matter how good they are.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 AM

Tekken 6 > X.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 AM

How is this game played on a Wii? Aren't the Vs. games 4 button fighters? Do you have to have a special controller/stick for it?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
I wish it wasn't Wii exclusive. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was PS3 or 360, but with the Wii I just never find myself actually playing the games I buy no matter how good they are.
That's my problem with it, and the lack of good fight sticks for the Wii. I still need to get around to modding the one I bought awhile back, but the thing is that sickly white and baby blue color - bleh!

I'll probably still buy it as I'm a huge, huge Gatchaman fan.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:45 AM

Definitely planning to pick this up, just don't really have the time for it right now. Probably pick it up later next month. Too bad there ended up being no Speed Racer
Old 01-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
How is this game played on a Wii? Aren't the Vs. games 4 button fighters? Do you have to have a special controller/stick for it?
The game actually uses all the buttons on the wii mote. I have the official madcatz TvC stick and its an 8 button face stick with 4 main action buttons B,Y,X,L.

I haven't tried it yet, but this game supposedly works great with a classic controller. The TvC stick looks great compared to the Hori stick. I myself am a Hori fan, but Madcatz did a great job on this SE and it's said to have much better components than the SF4 SE sticks.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM

The controls work well for the Wii. The game uses 4 bottons which are Low, Medium, High, and Partner. Somehow the game works great with just these buttons.

The online matchs that I tried yersterday was very laggy, but I think it has a lot to do with the users connections. I find that a lot of people don't use a static IP on the Wii or use a better DNS server to improve connections. A friend on the east cost and I had a smooth online match but then again our connections are good.

Here's what we have on the Wii. We've tested different settings and this is the best. The MTU when set to auto works better then setting it to 1500 as auto will start at 1500 but lower itself to for better connections hence auto.
1) Use static IP
2) Use OpenDNS
3) Set MTU to "0" for auto mode
4) Put Wii IP on DMZ.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 PM

I wonder how it will work with the Wii's new Classic Controller Pro that has more buttons on it.