Damn it! Mass Effect 2 can't find my Mass Effect 1 save! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Default Damn it! Mass Effect 2 can't find my Mass Effect 1 save!

Mass Effect 2 won't find my saved game to import and I am getting a bit aggravated. I pointed it to the hard drive and everything and it just won't acknowledge that I have a save.

I finished Mass Effect and my character is level 59 with a good balance of paragon and renegade... I am playing Mass Effect 1 right now, so I know that the save is good.

Has anyone else had a problem with this???

Can anyone help me figure out what to do?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM

I heard it wont read from a MU only a HD, but if yours is on the HD I don't know whats going on. Hopefully it is not a widespread problem if it actually is a bug.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Paulson View Post
I heard it wont read from a MU only a HD, but if yours is on the HD I don't know whats going on. Hopefully it is not a widespread problem if it actually is a bug.
It sucks ass. I had to move my game saves to this hard drive from a previous console, as I bought the Modern Warfare 2 edition with the 250gb hard drive. I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

I am playing from an older save right before I finished the game at the moment... I am going to go through the end again and let it autosave and see if it will find it after that.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:00 PM

I sold my 360 and recently rebought one for ME2 and a fresh RRoD warranty so I spent the past few days beating ME1 all over again for a save file to import. It better work, or i will be a slightly less happy camper.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Paulson View Post
I sold my 360 and recently rebought one for ME2 and a fresh RRoD warranty so I spent the past few days beating ME1 all over again for a save file to import. It better work, or i will be a slightly less happy camper.
People wondered why I bought an Xport. Backing up saves is an awesome thing. Too bad I forgot to do it for Oblivion.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
People wondered why I bought an Xport. Backing up saves is an awesome thing. Too bad I forgot to do it for Oblivion.
The thing that sucks super bad for me is that I know that the game saves work and are good, as I am playing Mass Effect 1 now with my old saves. I have loaded a lot of them and they all work. I don't know why they won't work with Mass Effect 2.

I just finished the game again with my level-59 character, so I am waiting for all the ending crap to complete and then autosave so I can try again.

I will be super pissed if it doesn't work.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM

What sucks even more is that I got this:

Extreme Power Gamer
60th level character
Acquired 5/2/2009

I can't load that character into Mass Effect 2 for some reason!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 PM

UPDATE: after going back to an older save and completing the game again with my lower-level character, I can now import. I won't be able to use my level 60 character, but at least finishing it again and saving made the level 59 work. None of my other characters will show up in the list at all and I am not about to go back and finish the entire game again with others.

I am only moderately mad now.

So, for anyone else who might run into this problem, just load the last save you had before you finished the game and redo the ending.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
It sucks ass. I had to move my game saves to this hard drive from a previous console, as I bought the Modern Warfare 2 edition with the 250gb hard drive. I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

I am playing from an older save right before I finished the game at the moment... I am going to go through the end again and let it autosave and see if it will find it after that.
That has everything to do with it. Imported save files from a different console are tied to that specific console. You have 2 options.

1) Replay Mass Effect 1 and start over after deleting the save file from your current console.

2) Play ME2 without moving a file over.

3) Wait and see if Bioware patches anything. Highly doubtful.

EDIT: didn't read your last post. my bad. good that you got at least one to work.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofTheImmortal View Post
That has everything to do with it. Imported save files from a different console are tied to that specific console. You have 2 options.

1) Replay Mass Effect 1 and start over after deleting the save file from your current console.

2) Play ME2 without moving a file over.

3) Wait and see if Bioware patches anything. Highly doubtful.

EDIT: didn't read your last post. my bad. good that you got at least one to work.
I would have been purely fucked if I only saved my latest game save and not all I could.