MS looking to replace points with currency - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2010, 10:33 AM

Default MS looking to replace points with currency

I'm going to be very glad when this is done.

Quote:
Microsoft: Points system not intended to mislead people

Xbox group product manager Aaron Greenberg has said that Microsoft doesn't want to mislead people with its MS Points virtual currency and that it is looking to display real currency alongside points following the success of doing so for Games On Demand.

"We never intended to mislead people," Greenberg told G4. "We want to be transparent about it, and so it is something that we're looking at.

“How can we be more transparent and let people see it in actual dollars? You've got to think that we have one service that we're offering around the world. The nice thing about Points is that no matter if you're on the JPY or the EUR or the USD – something that's 200 Points is 200 Points everywhere around the world.

"There's more technical complexities to being able to put local prices in. You have to do that for every product in every country and you then have to deal with currency fluctuations. So there's some challenges to that, but we absolutely did it with the Games On Demand, response has been good and absolutely it's something we're looking at doing."

Greenberg added that Microsoft was also looking into another fix that users have been calling for - the ability to have more than 100 people on a friends list.

"I've been answering this question for so long," he said. "It's something that the team's looking at. It's more complicated than you would think.

"Exactly when that happens I can't say because there's some technical requirements tied to it. But I can tell you that, just like consumers, I share the same frustration and I, too, want more than 100 friends, and so know that we all want that and that we are working on getting that fixed."
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...mislead-people
Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM

Doesn't sound like they are switching. Just intending to display a monetary value next to the points so you know how much they are worth.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM

i wish i didn't get charged tax on my ms points, i don't get charged from the psn
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i wish i didn't get charged tax on my ms points, i don't get charged from the psn
I get charged tax on PSN.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM

I wish they would let you ONLY pay for what you buy instead of buying a block of points that you have to use. Let a customer buy a piece of software like you would at any store instead of buying Microsoft credit.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Doesn't sound like they are switching. Just intending to display a monetary value next to the points so you know how much they are worth.
Yeah would be fine if they did that, I just hate not knowing the actual price without whipping out a calculator.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I wish they would let you ONLY pay for what you buy instead of buying a block of points that you have to use. Let a customer buy a piece of software like you would at any store instead of buying Microsoft credit.
Yes, I would like that too.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Yes, I would like that too.
It is just like a gift card at a store... they have your money no matter what. They don't care if you buy anything at any point once you have bought the card, as they already have the money.

I have over 3000 MS points on my account right now... I have already given them the money, so I bought something without really getting anything. Oh, how I hate that.

I can promise you that they aren't going to change that though.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I get charged tax on PSN.
Yeah so do I, wtf.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 AM

i get the super SDF non tax credit i guess