Scaleable coding for PSN and WiiWare? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Default Scaleable coding for PSN and WiiWare?

I broached this idea in the Tecmo Bowl thread. Even if it's not possible to do with PSN and WiiWare product, why not do it in the future?!
Frankly I'm fucking astounded no one has considered this before, at least to a wider extent. Granted Sega had the idea they wanted to get DVD players or PC's playing Dreamcast games by essentially compressing the hardware to a chipset.
What I'm asking, by comparison, is creating something like a little sister or brother in terms of hardware. The code would automatically scale down in graphics and screen res. according to the demand that could be placed on the hardware. This is what I mean by harmonized code, which would make scaleable code a lot easier. Or am I just WAY the fuck off weasl?
edit: For this matter, why should Sony ditch the CELL? Scale it up for the next PS and miniaturize it for the PSP. I know devs. would bitch but if this is possible then duel use would REALLY sell up a game at $60.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 PM

I think you should just pass that bong right over here.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm serious Analog. I realize this is a stretch but to some extent so was Sega's idea.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM

No, I believe you. I'm just easily confused and can't quite grasp what you are saying this late in the day. Lots of processing has gone on here at work, and I think your post just fried the last cell I have.