just got a wii - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
beanball9's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
Default just got a wii

so i just set up my wii last weekend and need some advice:

1. i only have wii sport, what wii game titles do you recommend that i pick up? i prefer sports and arcade fighting games.

2. i picked up a component video cable for my wii. is this currently the best video option? are there rumors of a hdmi option in the future?

3. how do i get wii points? buying them and/or game performance/success?

thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Probably a game room post, but have fun and welcome to HDD.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Dark Lord Greg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

1. New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy. For fighting I guess Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

2. No component is the best Wii can do since it can't do HD only 480p

3. You can buy them in stores in the form of pre paid cards or on the Wii shopping channel on the Wii
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:39 PM
beanball9's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Greg View Post
1. New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy. For fighting I guess Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

2. No component is the best Wii can do since it can't do HD only 480p

3. You can buy them in stores in the form of pre paid cards or on the Wii shopping channel on the Wii
Great!

thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

Tiger Woods 10 is a lot of fun with the Wii Motion Plus adapter...otherwise I can't stomach any of the other sports titles on the Wii. Wii Sports Resort is a lot of fun though.

Fighting-wise I'd say hold out for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars as this should be a good one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanball9 View Post
so i just set up my wii last weekend and need some advice:
1. i only have wii sport, what wii game titles do you recommend that i pick up? i prefer sports and arcade fighting games.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be a good start. The Naruto games are also pretty fun fighters, though if you're looking for something like Super Street Fighter I can't really recommend anything off hand. I would definitely get No More Hero's though, it's a pretty damn good game.

Quote:
2. i picked up a component video cable for my wii. is this currently the best video option? are there rumors of a hdmi option in the future?
That is the best you can get, yes. I think it enables progressive scan and 16:9 mode.


Quote:
3. how do i get wii points? buying them and/or game performance/success?
thanks a lot!
Buying
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Tiger Woods 10 is a lot of fun with the Wii Motion Plus adapter...otherwise I can't stomach any of the other sports titles on the Wii. Wii Sports Resort is a lot of fun though.

Fighting-wise I'd say hold out for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars as this should be a good one.
Yes, that's probably going to be the best new fighting game for the Wii, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
beanball9's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Tiger Woods 10 is a lot of fun with the Wii Motion Plus adapter...otherwise I can't stomach any of the other sports titles on the Wii. Wii Sports Resort is a lot of fun though.

Fighting-wise I'd say hold out for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars as this should be a good one.
will definitely pick up Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. looks like it comes out later this month. thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
jlspec's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 296
Default

Dead Space is a good wii rail shooter. Also don't forget Mario Kart, Zelda, Resident Evil Darkside, Silent Hill, just to name a few.

Madden 09 will be your best bet for a football game. I myself find that madden on the Wii is lots more fun then PS3/X360 versions. Madden 10 is crap so don't get that one. Tiger Woods 10 is really good if your into golf, but make sure to have the wii motion plus.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 76
Default

House of the Dead Overkill was a great Rail shooter, arcade style. Over the top cutscenes, gore, and more. Fun, stylish game.

And yes, the component cable is the best it can get. It does make a noticeable difference over the composite cable.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wii-Mario Kart-Wii Play-Wii Mote mclldavidson Video Game Exchange 0 08-26-2009 12:12 AM
Just Got a Wii Monty HD Gaming Smackdown 78 03-05-2008 08:37 PM
This doesn't help. In Four Months I got only got two HD DVD purchases, one... bembol HD DVD Software General Discussion 29 02-06-2008 06:33 AM
Got my first imports today and got the wrong movie Master X HD DVD Imports Subforum 8 12-29-2007 11:33 PM
Got Some New Releases At BB/ Got Ripped Off/ Life is Good! Terrapin HD DVD Software General Discussion 13 12-24-2007 08:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off