just got a wii - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Default just got a wii

so i just set up my wii last weekend and need some advice:

1. i only have wii sport, what wii game titles do you recommend that i pick up? i prefer sports and arcade fighting games.

2. i picked up a component video cable for my wii. is this currently the best video option? are there rumors of a hdmi option in the future?

3. how do i get wii points? buying them and/or game performance/success?

thanks a lot!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM

Probably a game room post, but have fun and welcome to HDD.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM

1. New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy. For fighting I guess Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

2. No component is the best Wii can do since it can't do HD only 480p

3. You can buy them in stores in the form of pre paid cards or on the Wii shopping channel on the Wii
Old 01-13-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Greg View Post
1. New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy. For fighting I guess Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

2. No component is the best Wii can do since it can't do HD only 480p

3. You can buy them in stores in the form of pre paid cards or on the Wii shopping channel on the Wii
Great!

thanks for the info.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Tiger Woods 10 is a lot of fun with the Wii Motion Plus adapter...otherwise I can't stomach any of the other sports titles on the Wii. Wii Sports Resort is a lot of fun though.

Fighting-wise I'd say hold out for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars as this should be a good one.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanball9 View Post
so i just set up my wii last weekend and need some advice:
1. i only have wii sport, what wii game titles do you recommend that i pick up? i prefer sports and arcade fighting games.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be a good start. The Naruto games are also pretty fun fighters, though if you're looking for something like Super Street Fighter I can't really recommend anything off hand. I would definitely get No More Hero's though, it's a pretty damn good game.

Quote:
2. i picked up a component video cable for my wii. is this currently the best video option? are there rumors of a hdmi option in the future?
That is the best you can get, yes. I think it enables progressive scan and 16:9 mode.

Quote:
3. how do i get wii points? buying them and/or game performance/success?
thanks a lot!
Buying
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Tiger Woods 10 is a lot of fun with the Wii Motion Plus adapter...otherwise I can't stomach any of the other sports titles on the Wii. Wii Sports Resort is a lot of fun though.

Fighting-wise I'd say hold out for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars as this should be a good one.
Yes, that's probably going to be the best new fighting game for the Wii, IMO.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

will definitely pick up Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. looks like it comes out later this month. thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Dead Space is a good wii rail shooter. Also don't forget Mario Kart, Zelda, Resident Evil Darkside, Silent Hill, just to name a few.

Madden 09 will be your best bet for a football game. I myself find that madden on the Wii is lots more fun then PS3/X360 versions. Madden 10 is crap so don't get that one. Tiger Woods 10 is really good if your into golf, but make sure to have the wii motion plus.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM

House of the Dead Overkill was a great Rail shooter, arcade style. Over the top cutscenes, gore, and more. Fun, stylish game.

And yes, the component cable is the best it can get. It does make a noticeable difference over the composite cable.