I Am Guilty Of This... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Default I Am Guilty Of This...

Explicit Language Warning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCYPGnJdO1U

Explicit Language Warning!

The other night I was playing Resident Evil 5 and in the middle of the Wesker fight, my wife literally shambled past the TV (blocking my view) and said I should turn it off so we could play Wheel of Fortune. Once we loaded up the PS3 and started a game, her mom called her and she sat there talking to her mom while trying (and failing) to play the game. She was so distracted she fouled up the puzzle she knew the answer to and we lost to someone named REDGANGSTA24. Then she just got up and walked out of the room without another word. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone else have these moments?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 AM

LOL, funny video!

Can't say I've done anything like this... my wife does get pissed when I scream out obscenities or throw the controller when a game is pissing me off!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM

More thoughts than actions for me. I think I've only thrown a controller and RageQuit a game twice. Once with Vagrant Story and once with Ninja Gaiden. This is why I will never play Demon's Souls.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 AM

That was a perfect example of what people are like online and it is exactly why I hate playing games with strangers online.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
That was a perfect example of what people are like online and it is exactly why I hate playing games with strangers online.
I hate the word 'noob'. Playing online with randoms pretty much blows, so I usually just mute everyone. The only exception to that rule is playing SOCOM - which has mostly an older, more mature fanbase and it usually isn't bad playing with strangers on there. Plus, thats about the only shooter that communication is really key so it's difficult to mute people on there.

Anyways - funny video. I can't say I feel the guys pain because the chick I've been with for about the last 7 years plays videogames as much and sometimes even more than me.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
I hate the word 'noob'. Playing online with randoms pretty much blows, so I usually just mute everyone. The only exception to that rule is playing SOCOM - which has mostly an older, more mature fanbase and it usually isn't bad playing with strangers on there. Plus, thats about the only shooter that communication is really key so it's difficult to mute people on there.

Anyways - funny video. I can't say I feel the guys pain because the chick I've been with for about the last 7 years plays videogames as much and sometimes even more than me.
You are lucky with the understanding woman... those are hard to come by.

I also fucking HATE the following things that randoms say:

Noob
Powned
'nades
Noob Toob
Uber
Shotty
Beeyatches

I also hate the fact that damned near every game has some stupid asshole who tries to rap, or some stupid white kid trying to speak ebonics.

I can't fucking stand playing online.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
You are lucky with the understanding woman... those are hard to come by.

I also fucking HATE the following things that randoms say:

Noob
Powned
'nades
Noob Toob
Uber
Shotty
Beeyatches

I also hate the fact that damned near every game has some stupid asshole who tries to rap, or some stupid white kid trying to speak ebonics.

I can't fucking stand playing online.

We must be brothers from another mother. I just stick with traditional white boy lingo.

Like -

ah, fuck.
shit.
where the fuck did that asshole come from?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
We must be brothers from another mother. I just stick with traditional white boy lingo.

Like -

ah, fuck.
shit.
where the fuck did that asshole come from?
There could have been some sort of sperm donor thing going on, my metal brother.

"Fuck" is my top word for online gaming. I think I probably use it more than any other word, including such conjunctions as "and," "but," "or," or anything else.

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the most frequently used words on PSN or Xbox Live... "FUCK!" would be right at the top.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Yeah - the ever popular 'bullshit!' is another one.

Even though, 9 out of 10 times...it isn't bullshit. I just say it to make myself feel like a little bit less of a loser that my aim and weapon control isn't as good as the guy that just shot me in the face.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah - the ever popular 'bullshit!' is another one.

Even though, 9 out of 10 times...it isn't bullshit. I just say it to make myself feel like a little bit less of a loser that my aim and weapon control isn't as good as the guy that just shot me in the face.
...or the ever-popular "That's fucking bullshit, motherfucker!"

You are right. It is rarely bullshit and it really comes from some asshole being better than me, which happens all too often.

You invariably have assholes, like the guy in the video, who play Call of Duty or whatever six hours a day and know every inch of every map, thus knowing exactly where to hide to shoot you in the dick for extra insult.