Dr Pepper giving away free EA DLC with every purchase - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Dr Pepper giving away free EA DLC with every purchase

Kick ass. I drink a sixer everday. LOL.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/dr...very-purchase/

We can only imagine the planning meeting at Dr Pepper HQ, during which someone shouts "We must garner that critical gaming demographic! How will we ever best something as inimitable as Game Fuel?! It's got 'game' right there in the title!" Instead of copycatting the naming idea, though, Dr Pepper recently detailed an already announced partnership with EA to give away codes for downloadable content. The promotion details lists a handful of games -- Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Heroes, The Sims 3, Spore, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- which have "unique DLC" tied to them.

Rather than forcing an unknown amount of soda purchases out of its customers, we were told this afternoon by a customer service rep that "Every bottle wins." More specifically, each bottle contains a code that can then be redeemed on the Dr Pepper website, thus allowing participants to choose their system and DLC from an available list. We flatfooted to the local AM/PM and didn't spot the prize-bearing bottles, but we'll update this post with more information as we get it.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 AM

is the Dragon Quest DLC in this?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM

So, you buy one soda, with the code in the cap you can choose which DLC you want??!!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Watcher of stances

moved two pages of OT posts to 'Random Gaming Posts' thread
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLight View Post
So, you buy one soda, with the code in the cap you can choose which DLC you want??!!
I am not sure. I will have to check when I load up again on more bottles of it.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM

Each cap has a certain DLC code on it.

Here's what you can get:

Quote:
Game enhancements for The Sims 3 feature theme-based bundles including Vintage Vegas, Beach Party, Celebrity and Football. Consumers will be able to download exciting new content ranging from a party top or hot boots all the way to a cool Retro car. Fans that have played The Sims over the years will recognize items inspired by previous The Sims games like the Lips Couch or Boomerang Window.
In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts – such as eyes, heads and arms – can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA's award-winning BioWare™ division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010's most anticipated games.
In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.
http://kotaku.com/5443649/would-you-...per-for-ea-dlc

Good thing I don't hate Dr. Pepper, 'cause I'd like to get the ME and Bad Company stuff.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Good thing I don't hate Dr. Pepper, 'cause I'd like to get the ME and Bad Company stuff.
Look, nobody hates Dr. Pepper, okay. Dr. Pepper hates them.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Mass Effect2 armor FTW!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Each cap has a certain DLC code on it.

Here's what you can get:

http://kotaku.com/5443649/would-you-...per-for-ea-dlc

Precisely what I want. Hopefully they add these new bottles to our work vending machine as that's the only place I go for my Dr. Pepper.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 AM

This promotion is awesome. You can choose what items/DLC you want after entering the code.

Is there anyone of you generous enough to donate a code to me? Sadly, I'm not from the US.

What DLC are you all choosing?