Bionic Commando is kicking my buttocks on commando difficulty - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Default Bionic Commando is kicking my buttocks on commando difficulty

Has anyone finished Bionic Commando on "commando" difficulty? If so, do you have any tips?

I am maybe half-way through the game and have just gotten the bulldog grenade launcher. I just got through the fissure and am back in the city.

Those flying guys are kicking the shit right out of me when I try to move. They don't have to shoot you much to kill you and I am apparently pretty shitty with the bulldog grenade launcher, as I can't seem to kill them with it. I have tried grabbing them and doing a zip kick, but the second one will just fly up and shoot the living hell out of me when I do that.

The big problem for me is that I apparently suck at this game. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 AM

I finished it on Hard but not Commando. I imagine you'll need to avoid a lot of fights, I needed to do so on my difficulty rating. You'll have to get good at swinging to a point where you can just about never touch the ground.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I finished it on Hard but not Commando. I imagine you'll need to avoid a lot of fights, I needed to do so on my difficulty rating. You'll have to get good at swinging to a point where you can just about never touch the ground.
That sounds like a good plan for a lot of the game and I might well try it!

Unfortunately for me, I currently have to hack one of the terminal things and there are two enemies on the roof and two of those flying buttholes beating me up handily. I can kill the guys on the roof, but the flying guys only have to shoot me a couple of times before I die. I can't zip kick them without the other killing me and I can't seem to get one down with the launcher. I can't throw cars or big rocks and hit them, as they move out of the way.

Frustrating.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I finally figured it out... I got the bulldog launcher, pissed off one of the flying guys, and then ran back toward the fissure and hid under the destroyed bridge on the ground like a little girl. I was then able to get the one flying guy to stay in one place long enough to hit him with a couple of shot, I had to run out to get his attention again and then I killed him. After that, you need to get back up on the other bridges and move forward until they give you the shotgun again, you can use it to kill the other guy by getting under him.

Man, that was a pain in the ass.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I finally figured it out... I got the bulldog launcher, pissed off one of the flying guys, and then ran back toward the fissure and hid under the destroyed bridge on the ground like a little girl. I was then able to get the one flying guy to stay in one place long enough to hit him with a couple of shot, I had to run out to get his attention again and then I killed him. After that, you need to get back up on the other bridges and move forward until they give you the shotgun again, you can use it to kill the other guy by getting under him.

Man, that was a pain in the ass.
what % are you? I'm about half way on commando, I just went through a cave area a bit back and swung past most the enemies. I think i'll go with avoiding any mech fights I can.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
what % are you? I'm about half way on commando, I just went through a cave area a bit back and swung past most the enemies. I think i'll go with avoiding any mech fights I can.
I was at 47% at my last save. I am now forced to fight a mech in a tunnel. I kicked his ass by throwing cars at him and then there were five enemies who promptly shot me to death.

I would guess that I am about 50% through now.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Hahaha! I just found a new method of travel.

Throw a car and immediately grab it with your bionic arm... you will stick to the car and shoot forward.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Hahaha! I just found a new method of travel.

Throw a car and immediately grab it with your bionic arm... you will stick to the car and shoot forward.
Nice, like Thor's hammer.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Nice, like Thor's hammer.
I am at the Buraq helicopter part now... and it still says that I am 47% through the game. This is also a tedious part.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 PM

Wow... that helicopter was actually easier than I thought, BUT I have still not advanced past 47% completion. I am at Fissure III now, so I have done quite a bit since it first told me that I was at 47% completion.

KTA: where are you and what is your completion???