Help: Darksiders or Bayonetta? Which should I get? (for 360) - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Darksiders or Bayonetta? Which should I get (XBOX 360 = I can only buy one)
Darksiders 15 65.22%
Bayonetta 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Banned

Default Help: Darksiders or Bayonetta? Which should I get? (for 360)

I can only buy one, and I'm not sure which is more my style and need your help.

I enjoy games like ASSASSINS CREED 2, GTA4, BIOSHOCK, DEAD SPACE, CALL OF DUTY 4 and FEAR.

So, which should I get? I really cant decide based on the demo's and reviews. Both are getting RAVE reviews!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
I can only buy one, and I'm not sure which is more my style and need your help.

I enjoy games like ASSASSINS CREED 2, GTA4, BIOSHOCK, DEAD SPACE, CALL OF DUTY 4 and FEAR.

So, which should I get? I really cant decide based on the demo's and reviews. Both are getting RAVE reviews!
Im renting both from gamefly

however If i had to buy one, definitely darksiders.

I'm not too much into beat em ups anymore and bayonetta demo was ok not great for me
Old 01-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Banned

I know they'll both be good. Its just like all of you, I want the one that's right for me and my taste of gameplay... I'm sure I'd like one more than the other, but I just don't have the coin for both =(

Wow, on Metacritic their average review grades have been posted:

DARKSIDERS = 88
BAYONETTA = 93

Let me ask you this: I know BAYONETTA is an ACTION game (I'm thinking like NINJA GAIDEN), but what is DARKSIDERS, an RPG game?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 AM

Judging by your taste of games, I think Bayonetta would be a little too quirky for your tastes. It is a weird game.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-03-2010, 03:14 AM

I agree with Onslaught, Bayonetta is not for everyone, I am a beat'em up fan and I dont much care for Devil May Cry or Bayonetta (the demo anyways).. If you are into odd hack'n slash games that rely heavy on moderate to complex combo's than Bayonetta may be your thing.. Darksiders imo has a more intriguing story, its gameplay elements have been called action/rpg, it has puzzles and plays like a hybrid Zelda game... It has more to offer for me and from your list of games, you too...
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 AM

Well, if you're into freakishly tall women who wears glasses and can summon demons with her hair, you will enjoy Bayonetta.

Ok, I can't say I'm totally into that, but the total "WTF" experience you get from that was not distracting enough to prevent me from buying the game. It's just so weird. But charming to a degree. Still, Darksiders sounds like a more all around appealing game in terms of the demographics its targeting.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
I agree with Onslaught, Bayonetta is not for everyone, I am a beat'em up fan and I dont much care for Devil May Cry or Bayonetta (the demo anyways).. If you are into odd hack'n slash games that rely heavy on moderate to complex combo's than Bayonetta may be your thing.. Darksiders imo has a more intriguing story, its gameplay elements have been called action/rpg, it has puzzles and plays like a hybrid Zelda game... It has more to offer for me and from your list of games, you too...
Hmmmm puzzles. Like, math-y puzzles?

I keep watching both trailers because I know in two days its Tuesday and they both come out and I want to get the correct one.

I can tell you what I don't like: I'm not a fan of World Of Warcraft so much. I have it right now, and even played it for three weeks in a row, but didnt get hooked like all my friends. So, does that mean I'm not afan of RPG games? Does that men I shouldnt get Darksiders?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Bayonetta is a hack & slash from the guy who created Devil May Cry. If you ever played one of the DMC games, Bayonetta is pretty much that, but with a new silly weird story and main character.

Darksiders gets my vote here. The stuff I've heard about this game is more in line with something like Assassin's Creed. I'm not sure how open-worldy it will be, but the focus seems to be more on story and varied environments. Bayonetta is all combat.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
So, does that mean I'm not afan of RPG games? Does that men I shouldnt get Darksiders?
I have no idea what that means, but Darksiders is basically Zelda + God Of War combined from what i've read.

If you like both well you'll like it.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:42 AM

I picked up Darksiders on the PS3 a few days ago, and it's one of my favorites of the year (I got it in 2009, technically). It plays like Zelda (even with Z-targeting), but with a God of War-style of combat. The art design is fantastic; it's one of the more colorful games I've played in the last few years, which was surprising, since most apocalypse games are either grey, brown, or a combination of the two. The story so far is pretty good, too, and the voice acting is fantastic.

I plan on picking up Bayonetta on 360 this Tuesday, too, but so far, Darksiders completely blew away my expectations.