Borderlands local co-op question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 AM

Default Borderlands local co-op question

My son wants to play local splitscreen co-op on PS3. I have a saved game under my profile and he has one under his. When we tried to go splitscreen co-op, the game only read his character and only gave me the option of picking a new character. I played and got up to his level so we could play together. I followed the instructions as the book advised.

Am I missing something? Do I need to transfer my data by memory stick from my user data? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Watcher of stances

i believe the gamesaves have to be from the the same user profile.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:39 AM

michealo gets the cookie-ran into this one my brother in law's console over the holidays and you're right
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM

I kinda figured that. I ended up following him around for an hour or so trying to stay alive until I rapid levelled up so that I could survive. I was able to get to level 13 which finally allowed me to do more than peashooter damage. Thanks for the help. thought I was missing something obvious.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 AM

well, I know this isn't the thread for it, but I recently rented this from my work and was hoping I could get some play time with some of you guys on Co-op. Hit me up if you want to. I'm only at level 4, but I can rapid level like DikkyMoe did.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofTheImmortal View Post
well, I know this isn't the thread for it, but I recently rented this from my work and was hoping I could get some play time with some of you guys on Co-op. Hit me up if you want to. I'm only at level 4, but I can rapid level like DikkyMoe did.
If you see me on, message me. I love this game.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 AM

Cool, it's a lot more fun than I thought it'd be going by the Giantbomb quicklook. I'm liking it more than most of the shooters that came out this year as well. I'd peg it as sleeper hit of the year myself.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm playing this with a friend who just bought a ps3. Very fun romp. Hours disappear quickly
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeofTheImmortal View Post
Send me a friend request to "CaptKain" (360). I have a level 50 to help, as well as a few high teens to twenties.
My friends are done with this game, but co-op I am never done slaying.