PS3 bluetooth issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 PM

Default PS3 bluetooth issues

I'm having bluetooth issues with my ps3. it's kinda always been like this but hoping to find some definitive info.

Currently my ps3 controller somehow "delinked" from my ps3. I have no idea how or why. It's fully charged, but if i unplug the controller from USB (cuz obviously it worked when plugged into usb), all 4 lights on the controller flash and it is unresponsive. The battery on the controller shows full, and I've tried the "reassign controller" function (which i can onlyu do when it's plugged in since it does nothin when not plugged in)

What's the deal with this? Am i doing something wrong?

Another problem is the ps3 bluetooth bd remote. If i like turn on the ps3 manually, slide in a disc, then the ps3 remote will control everything etc like it should. However if i come from playing a game or using a controller, then try to use the bd remote, the bd remote doesn't respond/turn on, whatever. What am i doing wrong as my patience is wearing thin and this bluetooth crap seems more complicated than its worth. Detailed advice is appreciated. Thanks and help!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Watcher of stances

there is a "reset" button on the back on the controller.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/992/992194p1.html
Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 AM

thanks for the tip. i'll give that a whirl. does anyone have advice regarding the bd remote not working sometimes unless i reset the entire system?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfaith1982 View Post
thanks for the tip. i'll give that a whirl. does anyone have advice regarding the bd remote not working sometimes unless i reset the entire system?
Somehow sounds like firmware 3.0. That fucked up a lot with people's PS3s.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
O_o

Same issues on my slim, update to the new optional 3.15 firmware and it should fix it. I haven't had this problem come up anymore since.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Like referring to the BD remote? Like if the "first" device I try to use with the ps3 once it's turned on is the BD remote, then i'm fine. However if I've been using a controller, or go from remote to controller and vice versa, then the BD remote is finnicky and wont work, requiring me to reset the system so the bd remote will again be the "first device" i try using from a cold boot up. You think it's a firmware issue? I just got my ps3 like a month ago, so i had firmware 3 from the get go and have no idea what's normal and what's not
Old 12-23-2009, 09:51 AM
O_o

I had the exact same issue with my controllers and BD remote, and upgraded to 3.15 and no problems since. http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...list-now-live/