Borderlands hacking - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM

Default Borderlands hacking

Well, I was playing Borderlands with a friend of mine the other day and one of his friends popped in and dropped a shitload of guns and stuff. I picked them up and they were all great... I sold my other stuff.

There is, I have found out, a problem with this. The prick dropped all hacked weapons... I didn't even know you could hack them. Now I have sold my good weapons that I had gotten through the first playthrough and from helping a friend finish his second playthrough and all I have are the fucking hacked weapons.

Do any of you know how to get good, NON-HACKED, weapons? I am a bit aggravated, as I don't like cheating crap. Now I am stuck with shitty weapons, as I won't use the hacked guns.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Watcher of stances

i read about that the other day, really sucks.

not sure there is any way since the weapons are all random drops.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
i read about that the other day, really sucks.

not sure there is any way since the weapons are all random drops.
It truly sucks balls. I wish there was a way to just buy back anything you sold. I know that the buyback list would be amazingly long, but it would be nice.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 AM

What do you mean hacked weapons? Like the stats are uppped or what?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
What do you mean hacked weapons? Like the stats are uppped or what?
Yeah... they look like regular weapons, but they shoot many shots at once and things. They were worth a lot of money, so I figured they were just good until I tried a shotgun that shoots 100 times when you press the fire button. There was also some gun that shot out probably 50 mines or grenades or something. I decided that something was wrong when these things happened... oh, and the mine/grenade launcher thing causes the game to lag.

I was just using one of the iridian guns and didn't think anything of it when I sold all my normal guns. I suppose I should have known something was up when the iridian gun would shoot a lot without running out of power.

I searched the internet for information about this and found that the guns were hacked and people were using something that connects an Xbox drive to a computer to hack the files.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Your best bet if you don't want the hacked guns is to fast travel to an area like New Haven that has a gun vending machine and just buy whatever they have. You could certainly sell the hacked weapons for money to buy the regular stuff.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
Your best bet if you don't want the hacked guns is to fast travel to an area like New Haven that has a gun vending machine and just buy whatever they have. You could certainly sell the hacked weapons for money to buy the regular stuff.
That's what I did, but the real guns aren't as good as the real guns I sold. It appears to be the luck of the draw on what the machines have. I guess I could go back to the very end of my first playthrough and see what drops though. I have never found really great stuff in the machines and all the good guns I had were from playing the end of playthrough two with a friend of mine.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
That's what I did, but the real guns aren't as good as the real guns I sold. It appears to be the luck of the draw on what the machines have. I guess I could go back to the very end of my first playthrough and see what drops though. I have never found really great stuff in the machines and all the good guns I had were from playing the end of playthrough two with a friend of mine.
Yeah the stuff just before the last area of the game is the best; the Crimson Lance military base. I think I found my double anarchy (x4 shots @ 80 damage) SMG there. I would also go back and murder some random dudes in Old Haven. The Crimson Lance there occasionally drop some good stuff.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
You could also try duplicating good guns from your friends. All you have to do is host the game, invite a friend, have him drop his good guns, and then tell him to exit the game without saving (exit by going to the dashboard). As long as he exits without saving, he will still have all the guns he dropped when he loads the game again and you also have his guns.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
You could also try duplicating good guns from your friends. All you have to do is host the game, invite a friend, have him drop his good guns, and then tell him to exit the game without saving (exit by going to the dashboard). As long as he exits without saving, he will still have all the guns he dropped when he loads the game again and you also have his guns.
Excellent plan! Thanks for the tip.