Another retro Mega Man on the way - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-10-2009, 04:23 AM

Default Another retro Mega Man on the way

Quote:
Mega Man's main power is his ability to adapt, incorporating his fallen foes' abilities into his own arsenal. Despite that, Capcom appears perfectly content to leave the blue bomber's blueprint unchanged for the newly revealed Mega Man 10.

In the January issue of Nintendo Power, the magazine previews the next installment of Capcom's long-running action franchise, which looks to remain as slavishly faithful to the original NES classics as its critically acclaimed predecessor. Mega Man will once again fight through a succession of eight levels in any order, each with a correspondingly themed robot boss (for example, Sheep Man). Upon beating each boss, Mega Man will receive a version of their powers to equip and use in the remaining levels.

Not everything will be the same, however. Players will be able to swap out Mega Man to play as Proto Man from the start, or a third, as-yet unrevealed character. The standard Mega Man plotline is also getting a bit of an overhaul, as players will be trying to find parts to make a vaccine for a robo-virus called Robotenza.

Excerpts of the issue released online only mention a WiiWare version of the game, which is not surprising, considering the platform-specific nature of the magazine. (Mega Man 9 was released on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade as well as WiiWare.) Also absent from the sneak peek is any mention of a release date for the game.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6242704...dlines;title;1

Sounds cool, I'm glad this seems to be catching on.

Hopefully the three characters play differently.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6242704...dlines;title;1

Sounds cool, I'm glad this seems to be catching on.

Hopefully the three characters play differently.
Retro Mega mans always were the best glad to see them sticking with them after bringing it back in 10
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM

Personally, I think they fucked up 9. It's an alright game, but they made you pay to get Mega Man's abilities from Mega Man 3 and up.

Seriously, it's 9, not 2.5.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 AM

No thank you. I bought the last one and never finished it. Why can't they do something like Bionic Commando: Rearmed and give us pretty 2D graphics?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM

I would love if they did an updated version of x3 and x4, those were two of my favorite games growing up.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
No thank you. I bought the last one and never finished it. Why can't they do something like Bionic Commando: Rearmed and give us pretty 2D graphics?
So you woud play it if they had pretty graphics but dont care otherwise? Watch a Disney movie then, gaming is all about gameplay, graphics are just a plus.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM

I didn't care for 9 personally. I don't have the patience these days for that kind of hard. It's just too time consuming and too pointless. Yes i'll beat Wiley, he'll escape and get me next time.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itputdalotion0n View Post
So you woud play it if they had pretty graphics but dont care otherwise? Watch a Disney movie then, gaming is all about gameplay, graphics are just a plus.
Snad is right.

There's a slight difference between nostalgic/retro and flickering, non improved graphics of the 80s.

Retro is no excuse for using the same sprites they used 20 years ago.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Street Fighter 2 HD are both nostalgic, yet they improved.

And for the price of $10-14, they could've at least included all the content (instead of selling it for a nice extra). Instead, MegaMan 9 was nothing more but an expensive MegaMan 3 ROM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itputdalotion0n View Post
It lacks effort. Any cro-magnon can see that. The turn-around to developping these is incredibly short and uses plenty of recycled resources. Show me some fucking effort before you want my coughing up my cash.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed did more than just a graphical upgrade.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
It lacks effort. Any cro-magnon can see that. The turn-around to developping these is incredibly short and uses plenty of recycled resources. Show me some fucking effort before you want my coughing up my cash.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed did more than just a graphical upgrade.
I agree the price should of been lower and the content should have came with it if not. But im not gonna play a mega man retro game because its in fact retro and not imporved graphically, gameplay is the same i could give a shit if the graphics where better cause its not a deal breaker. Bottom line a good game is a good game. Sure it would be nice to be updated graphically but i could careless cause thats not gonna change the gameplay, its still the same good old mega man fun.