So - you think your gamerscore is high? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Default So - you think your gamerscore is high?

Not even close to this chick.

http://kotaku.com/5422154/achievemen...its-fun-or-not

Interesting read into her addiction. And yes - at this point, I do believe it's a full on addiction. Not that it's bad - or good, but it is what it is..an addiction.

She's cute, too.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:56 PM

her's is almost jawookie's and kta's combined
Old 12-09-2009, 02:58 PM

It's not really that hard to increase GS if you really want to.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM

I have a buddy on another board who's over 90K at this point and he bought his console just after the Halo 3 launch. That means he's done 45,000 points per year...At first, I thought he was some uber hardcore guy who was really informed about games and would be a virtual encyclopedia for current gen games. I was kind of right, but the more I talked with him the more depressed I got looking at his score:

He lives at home with his parents. He's over thirty. He's never had a relationship. He doesn't have a job because his parents have money and they give him $1,500 a month in spending money. The only time he leaves the house is to go to the store to buy game related stuff, or to go to church with his parents. His only friend is a guy he went to school with a decade ago, and all of the people he talks to online via forums. He doesn't have a set schedule or sleeping pattern so sometimes when I'm dealing with a bout of insomnia at 4 in the morning on a Tuesday, I'll see him on playing some crappy game just for points. The only thing he ever has to talk about is games. If you try to chat about anything else, he is silent, because there isn't anything else in his life.

After getting to know him and seeing his situation, I have no desire to get into the Achievement hunt. I use them as encouragement to try some extra stuff in games, or to complete games I'm playing if the points are pretty easy (Fallout 3, Borderlands, Bioshock). I just couldn't be one of those people who's playing King Kong or Hanna Montana: The Movie at 10pm on a Friday night to increase my score.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
It's not really that hard to increase GS if you really want to.
Sure. I mean, after all - it's just playing video games. Nothing hard about that at all. The difference is, most can't/don't have this type of dedication.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 PM

This is one of my buddies GS:

Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Sure. I mean, after all - it's just playing video games. Nothing hard about that at all. The difference is, most can't/don't have this type of dedication.
Well I could easily jack my score up another 10k or even 20k by renting games like:

A bunch of launch titles required very little to increase GS.

I don't care that much about beating KTA's gamerscore.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Yeah - you pretty much have to delve into the shitty, bottom of the barrel games in order to get that high.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
Well I could easily jack my score up another 10k or even 20k by renting games like:

A bunch of launch titles required very little to increase GS.

I don't care that much about beating KTA's gamerscore.
lol I think i'm pulling away, better rent TMNT, I 1k'd it with my brother.

no one's dropped the "achievement whore" joke yet??? cha cha cha!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
no one's dropped the "achievement whore" joke yet??? cha cha cha!
Too easy. And we are all way to respectful. I'm sure we all thought it, though. I know I did, but I refrained from it. She is a wife and mother after all, and I wouldn't have wanted my mother to be known as an achievement whore when she was alive.

But then again, she also didn't sit on her ass all day at home and play video games.