Red Dead Redemption Trailer - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Default Red Dead Redemption Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/my...red-dead/59560
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM

I always forget about this game when coming up with my "Yearly List".

I'm extremely pumped. This might be the Western Game I've been waiting for. Now, if only they get around to do doing a Samurai game.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 AM

Definitely a Day 1 purchase for me. This is right up there with Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, & Final Fantasy XIII on my excitement meter.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Definite early purchase for me. Not sure about day 1, because rarely do I buy that soon...Regardless - I definitely want this. Call of Juarez - with all it's faults, was still a refreshing change for me earlier this year...This thing looks a hundred times better and I can't wait.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:33 PM

This is a day one for me too. I really liked Gun and there hasn't been anything like it since. This game looks like it will 1-up it considerably.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Definite early purchase for me. Not sure about day 1, because rarely do I buy that soon...Regardless - I definitely want this. Call of Juarez - with all it's faults, was still a refreshing change for me earlier this year...This thing looks a hundred times better and I can't wait.
Underrated game IMO.. still playing it..

Anyway, there is a new video for Red Dead Redemption (link) - looks even better.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:04 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
This is a day one for me too. I really liked Gun and there hasn't been anything like it since. This game looks like it will 1-up it considerably.
Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Gun was really one of those "Why the hell didn't someone do this BEFORE?!?" moments for me. Hopefully RDD improves on it.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:26 PM

After watching both trailers this has shot up my list for a definite day one purchase for me... I love the morality aspect for this type of open world game and while its not new, it is certainly fresh for a wild west style of game... I cant wait to saddle up
Old 12-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Gun was really one of those "Why the hell didn't someone do this BEFORE?!?" moments for me. Hopefully RDD improves on it.
I also agree. I loved Gun and the way the game was designed. I have never really been a big fan of the GTA series but I think it has to do more with the back drop of those games. That being said.. Rockstar will probably do a great job with a Western, and the setting is really appealing to me. I never did understand why there are not more western themed game out there.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel1974 View Post
I also agree. I loved Gun and the way the game was designed. I have never really been a big fan of the GTA series but I think it has to do more with the back drop of those games. That being said.. Rockstar will probably do a great job with a Western, and the setting is really appealing to me. I never did understand why there are not more western themed game out there.
I suppose a lot of this has to do with the times as well. I mean, there was a period of history when it was perfectly acceptable for kids to run around the neighborhood with guns playing "Cowboys n' Injuns" and that, of course, is a big, politically correct No No these days. In a lot of respects, the Old West has gone from being this romantic period to an embarrassing chapter of American history. It's just not very fashionable to do a classic western and really only gets praise or attention when you turn it on its head, the way Eastwood did in Unforgiven with his examination of killing, or, stretching further back, the duo of John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, when John Ford basically closed the book old style westerns.

Also I guess a lot of people don't like the idea of riding a horse and being limited to six bullets before reloading when they could be flying attack helicopters with chain guns that store thousands of rounds of ammo. The old west is... old. People see the limitations of the era rather than the promise.