New Prince of Persia Game - May 2010 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Default New Prince of Persia Game - May 2010

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177111

Quote:
After taking a little time off, one of Ubisoft's top franchises is set to return early next year. The publisher has just announced Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, which will be released on both "consoles and handhelds" alongside the upcoming film.

It should be no surprise that they have opted to bring back elements from the Sands of Time, which will also feature prominently in the film. Ubisoft also promised "new gameplay innovations" for the upcoming game.

The first trailer will premiere December 12 during the Spike Video Game Awards. Expect it to be announced for all major consoles.

As for the release date, Ubisoft has only said that it will be out in May 2010, which is the same month the film will be released. With Sands of Time planned for May 28, look for the Forgotten Sands around the same time.

Well, this was a given..especially with the movie - but I didn't think it'd be so soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM

From what was said on Kotaku, I got the impression this one will have nothing to do with last year's Prince of Persia reboot, and that series will see a follow up at a later time. As I understood it, this new PoP game is just a quick cash-in for the movie...in other words: Shovelware.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:07 PM

Hopefully this is Sands of Time reworked in HD or something. Sands of Time was the best PoP ever.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM

It'd take some incredible reviews and user impressions for me to buy this day one. I was very disappointed with the last PoP game.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM

This is retarded I was coming on here to bitch and tell people don't buy it because its a trilogy, so they will probably end the game with you having done nothing, except for killing your friends father.

But to here its a totally new game after they "rebooted" the franchise is ridiculous. God I hate ubisoft, more then activision now..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
It'd take some incredible reviews and user impressions for me to buy this day one. I was very disappointed with the last PoP game.
Did you ever play Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Did you ever play Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?
Nope, but I've heard great things about it.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
This is retarded I was coming on here to bitch and tell people don't buy it because its a trilogy, so they will probably end the game with you having done nothing, except for killing your friends father.

But to here its a totally new game after they "rebooted" the franchise is ridiculous. God I hate ubisoft, more then activision now..
I don't get the UBISoft hate but this is a movie game tie in. The sequel to the PoP from 2008 is likely still going to land next year.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I don't get the UBISoft hate but this is a movie game tie in. The sequel to the PoP from 2008 is likely still going to land next year.
Word...I really appreciated the reboot.

I was never a PoP fan before, but I loved the last game, well put together.

Despite the never dying aspect, it was a hard core experience to collect all of those orbs accross such a broad landscape to keep moving.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
They owe me $120 and 20 hours of my life. The worst Activision has ever done is stifled creativity in the gaming market. So to me Ubisoft sucks the worst atm