The Saboteur - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM

Default The Saboteur

Pandemic's swan song The Saboteur releases next week & looks pretty interesting IMO.

A WW2 game that isn't a FPS?

Gamespot has a preview up including video of the 1st mission:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews

Any interest in this game? I think I'll be picking it up myself...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 AM

i think it looks pretty cool, i'm way overspent on games lately though
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Eh I was interested in this game early on, but do you really close down a studio that is about to release a blockbuster title? I got this lingering feeling it's going to have some serious flaws...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM

I watched a 20 min. preview of the PC version. It's another open world game, of which we've had about a dozen this year. While the setting, art direction and story look interesting, the gameplay looks totally unoriginal and I've got a bit of "open world fatigue" at this point.

This is one of those games I plan to look at if and when there is a dry spell in the market. Maybe late next summer I will check it out.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
Eh I was interested in this game early on, but do you really close down a studio that is about to release a blockbuster title? I got this lingering feeling it's going to have some serious flaws...
Ditto. Besides I decided not to buy anymore new releases until January when Mass Effect 2 ships and I might pick up Bayonetta depending how the demo is.

I'm using this time to play catch up on my backlog and I want to get all the achievements for Mass Effect before its sequel hits.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Ditto. Besides I decided not to buy anymore new releases until January when Mass Effect 2 ships and I might pick up Bayonetta depending how the demo is.

I'm using this time to play catch up on my backlog and I want to get all the achievements for Mass Effect before its sequel hits.
that's what i'm doing, mass effect and dragon age until mass effect 2

you guys are going to have to convince me hard core on bayonetta, i thought the demo was terrible
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 AM

Bioware FTW!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 AM

I'll be picking this up on Friday for sure.

Quote:
If it helps any KTA I've been following the devs' blogs and the game has primarily been done for awhile now even though it just went gold a few weeks ago. I'm fairly confident in the game myself to entice me to purchase it, but I hear there will be little support for it and we can write off any hopes for DLC if any was even ever planned. Hopefully we'll see some reviews soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Bioware FTW!
i even picked up the bring down the sky dlc so i'd have it for my vacation trip, my wife will be pissed that i bring my xbox but i'm always up til like 3 am on vacation and after about 12 or so there's nothing on tv
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Not only that but EA has it's stamp on the cover which isn't good either The only outstanding game EA has been involved with that I really liked was Dead Space. But, I haven't got my copy of Dragon Age yet so we will see.