Wireless router recomendation? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM

Default Wireless router recomendation?

Can any of you recommend a wireless router that works well for both the ps3 and 360 and is well priced? I need to replace my old one now that Im moving and I wanted to see what some of you guys are using. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:33 PM

Top 5 Routers CNET

Here's this one too...

ConsumerSearch Top List

You're moving to the MD/DC/VA area, right? Well, I'd also look into the routers the Internet/Cable companies hand out. Verizon gives you one, and it works reasonably well. It's not N compliant though...but it might be soon. I should probably check into that.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Not sure if you guys are moving into DC or MD, but FIOS isn't available in DC, so if you really want it, you have to live in the suburbs. Comcast, and RCN are the only options for cable.

T-roy is right though, a lot of them give you the modem, but you probably will have to buy the router to hook into it separately. I would recommend one of the new N band routers.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 PM

Yeah, I'd say just give a shot to whatever provider you may end up using before forking over additional dollars to buy one. We use Verizon DSL - out of the phone jack, into the wireless router they gave us. Works perfect, with no lag on our end and we typically have two ps3's playing wireless online and at least one computer hardwired. Sometimes we have both ps3's going wireless, one laptop going wireless and the desktop wired...works like a champ.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM

I am probably going to be using the modem they supply, but I want to own my router and not pay an extra $6 per month to rent it. Comcast seems to be my only option at this point. Not crazy about DSL since I got capped on it before and havent used it since. Ive been trying to do some research but I figured I would ask in case any of you knew because I am going crazy packing all my stuff and getting everything in order so I dont have much time to look around. I wanted to have it on hand before I move so I can just set it up. I also read that some dont work well with ps3 or some dont work well with 360. I wanted one that works with both. Some on that list twonun gave me look pretty good.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsions View Post
I am probably going to be using the modem they supply, but I want to own my router and not pay an extra $6 per month to rent it. Comcast seems to be my only option at this point. Not crazy about DSL since I got capped on it before and havent used it since. Ive been trying to do some research but I figured I would ask in case any of you knew because I am going crazy packing all my stuff and getting everything in order so I dont have much time to look around. I wanted to have it on hand before I move so I can just set it up. I also read that some dont work well with ps3 or some dont work well with 360. I wanted one that works with both. Some on that list twonun gave me look pretty good.
If you get a house, make sure they have it wired for cable beforehand. It would really suck if you had to cut holes in your wall after you've moved everything in. Oh and make sure they test the signal quality from each point so you aren't getting a drop off which can cause your cable modem to stop functioning. Usually a bad cable guy will use mutliple T splitters and daisy chain wire all over the house without putting in signal boosters, so you end up with shitty signal depending on where cable enters the house at.