Rock Revolution with Drum Kit for 360 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Default Rock Revolution with Drum Kit for 360

I get such great feedback for my sons game here. Thanks everyone!

I just bought this for a sweet delivered price brand new for my son for a Christmas present ($22 shipped). I know it doesn'tget great reviews, and for $100 I would probably agree. But for $22, I can't see how I could go wrong. The couple video reviews look pretty cool. The cover bands doesn't bother me and I doubt my son will care. He likes to sing along and he is so off key anyway.

Anyways, I wanted to know a couple things. I read (before I bought the set) that, this drumset was compatable with the GH & RB games and that the GH & RB guitars could be used with RR. But I can't find that reading again, and I am wondering, as is my daughter who wants to play with my son. So obviously, 2 instruments are needed. Or do I need a RR specific guitar or is there an adapter of some sort available?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Game room?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Can I move it? Sorry.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:19 PM

Looks like, for 360 - that the Revolution drums will not work with The Beatles Rockband, Rockband or Rockband 2 but will work with GH World Tour (the other GH games aren't listed)

This may help you...There are several out there, and perhaps with the power of the google, you can find one more updated.

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility
Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Excellent link. Thankyou. I believe he should be set all the way around. I will report back after Christmas as to the actual compatibility.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM

Konami is having a huge party down at the office right now.

Rock Revolution just sold its tenth copy!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM

I think you just got ripped off, target is clearencing GH world tour and rock band 2 band sets for $69 -$79 (depending on the store). Rock revolution is just god awwful, someone gave me a copy for free and after playing it for ten minutes I trashed it, my son even hated it
Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 AM

Well, the point of my getting it was for the drum kit itself, not so much the game. And since the drums can be used with guitar hero games, I don't feel it was a bad buy. And even if it doesn't work for other games, the game itself doesn't look bad. And since I haven't worked since July, I can't afford the 80+ dollars for the 'real thing'. Besides, how bad can it be? We are not die-hard gamers in this house. Video games are for killing some time. Not much more. I think the game will be just fine for its intended purposes. My son will never want to be in any kind of competition nor takes games as seriously as most serious gamers do. So, we'll see how it goes come Christmas-time. The fact that his guitars will work on the game itself is also a bonus I think.

But I do appreciate your input. It seems to follow the general consensus on most review sites.