Facebook 3 10.34%
Twitter 0 0%
Last.FM 9 31.03%
Zune HD 3 10.34%
Don't care for any 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 AM

Default Which new app do you find most useful for the 360

After going through all the new apps I just wanted to get some feedback on which app people find most useful. Here are my thoughts.

Facebook = good for pic viewing, in its current state not much more, chat pad is required for anything useful and I'm not about to go out and buy one just for facebook

Twitter = Can't comment, don't use twitter

Zune HD = Haven't tried it yet but at current prices i don't see myself using it, prices seem high and some content contradicts itself, why would i pay for a episode of Hero's when I can stream it from Netflix for free (granted sub is and gold account is required). Since 360 will never be able to internally decode or bitstream newer audio codecs I find the combination of Blu from netflix and streaming much more valuable

Last.FM = I find this the most usefull app. I never used it before but find myself using it more and more. The ability to choose different generes and skipping songs i don't like is great. Wish they could stick with the band i like but this isn't a MS problem, thats just how Last.FM works. I would love if they could integrate this into offline gameplay (understand why they can't for onine play since your streaming music but can't see why they couldn't intergrate it into offline play). Right now I would have to say for this is my favorite new app.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 AM

you forgot MSNBC. That is what I liked the most for current news on various things.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:26 AM

i like the last fm a lot, i tried out the facebook but i'd rather just use a pc
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM

Most of these aren't applicable for me. I find my music just fine on my own and don't need LAST. I don't use Facebook or Twitter at all and while I hear the Zune HD marketplace has some cool HD movie rental stuff, I have the 2 at a time Netflix with BD which fulfills all my movie needs.

Now if they add that universal video capture program, I'll be all over that. Next year?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 AM

I don't have a 360, so I'll refrain from voting. I will say that if I did have a 360, Last.FM would actually get used from time to time as opposed to the other ones never getting used. It sounds like a pretty cool option to have.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 AM

SkyTV is my fav app...though its a pricey one if you're not aleady a subscriber.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM

I don't care about twitter but only really tried out FB and Last.FM. Only browsed through Zune for like a minute so between FB and Last.FM I'd have to say they are fairly even but the nod goes to Last.FM (as I'm not a fan of FB as well). I like Pandora on my BB and Last.FM is like it. At first I thought why even bother but it having images of album/band constantly rotating makes it a great app for dinner parties and letting it run on it's own.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM

I don't care about any of this crap. It's all superfluous. Give me shit that enhances games and my experiences with them. I bought the console to play games, not for seeing that Joe took 20min to take a shit before going to work and seeing Jane's bachelorette party pics.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:01 PM

I dont use Twitter of Facebook, I have a Zune but not sure how much I would use the app on my 360. Last.fm seems pretty cool though. I have to mess with it all more I guess.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Last.FM's the only one I care about or use.