Assassin's Creed 2 Q & A - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Assassin's Creed 2 Q & A

Hits next week and I can't wait for this.

Check out the short films, well done for what they are. Just finished video 2 and will check out vid 3 shortly:

http://assassinscreedlineage.us.ubi.com/

I've got a itching feeling they'll get it right this time... at least I hope so. AC1 was just short of pure greatness.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:43 PM

Can't wait.

I pre-ordered the most expensive edition (Black Edition).

Assassin's Creed was great, at least for the first 2-3 hours.
That one sounds like it could be well enjoyable throughout the whole game.

I'm just wondering what part 3 will be about. French Revolution might be an idea. Or the War Between the States. Perhaps a British spy in WWII who is going to eliminate all of Hitler's officers.

That series is full of potential

EDIT: Oh ya. Not to forget about Jade "Playmate of the Year" Raymond. Her looks are the reason why I'm always going to be a loyal follower of that series.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:03 PM

Personally, I think the game is going to more of the same. I think they traded one bad design choice for another set. Assassin's Creed has to be the single most repetitive game I've played this generation.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Personally, I think the game is going to more of the same. I think they traded one bad design choice for another set. Assassin's Creed has to be the single most repetitive game I've played this generation.
i don't know man, prototype takes that title for me
Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApBtFusion View Post
i don't know man, prototype takes that title for me
Have you played Assassin's Creed? They created one idea, and repeated it for EVERY section. Literally, there's no deviation.

Prototype might be a sloppy title, but it's nowhere near as repetitive.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:50 PM

Just read the PTOM review and they loved this game. But they also loved the first one. I am a little interested in it, even though I didn't care for the first one. But the review said they spent about 40 hours to beat the game. I would love a game that lasts longer than a week to beat. Probably just wait till I can pick this up for $40 or so.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Have you played Assassin's Creed? They created one idea, and repeated it for EVERY section. Literally, there's no deviation.
Fortunately I loved that idea, and played through the whole thing. I for one loved AC.

So if the second has more variety, and improves on those issues...I'll probably want it to have my baby.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:

Prototype might be a sloppy title, but it's nowhere near as repetitive.
Agreed, but man the first time through AC1's one idea was marvelous. Now hopefully they have a few ideas.

This game will span 20 years so they've said, so you'll likely be playing 2 generations of Elizeo's family.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:41 AM

AC1 was nowhere near "pure greatness," but I'm excited about AC2 nevertheless. It's nice to see an ambitious and original game like this. Swing for the fences, basically.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Pretty much all games are repetitive.

Run, shoot, kill, rinse and repeat, that is the formula for most shooters, every now and then we see a game like Uncharted where they throw in climbing and an occasional puzzle....

AC1 was based upon a great idea, but it was rather bland imo, AC2 promises to be everything AC1 was supposed to.. I'm in for one, but I dont know if I can get it day one, too many games to dedicate 20 hours to it..

Has anyone else heard about the game length? I thought I heard that the core is 20 hours long but it could be even longer if you choose to do side missions...