Braid: Confirmed for the PSN later this month. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Default Braid: Confirmed for the PSN later this month.

http://kotaku.com/5397020/braid-fina...tation-network

Quote:
After charming the pants off of players on Xbox Live Arcade and the PC, Jonathan Blow's Braid is finally heading for the PlayStation Network later this month.

The time-twisting adventures of Tim will be taking the trip to the North American PlayStation Network on November 12th courtesy of Hothead Games, with a European release coming at a later date. Press, players, and rap artists alike have heaped praise on Blow's innovative platformer, both for its unique gameplay and its distinctive hand-painted look. If for some reason you've not heard about Braid until this very moment, welcome to Kotaku, and visit the game's official website to find out more about the title everyone was talking about while you were trapped in that cave.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Never played it past the demo.

Didn't care for it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
HDD Contributor

I'll probably pick this up. I assume it'll be $15 or less.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I'll probably pick this up. I assume it'll be $15 or less.
If you kill a kitten, I think they'll lower it to $10.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM

I liked the demo on the 360 well enough, but I'll only pick it up if it's at $10.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
HDD Contributor

Considering how I'm still not anywhere near going into a store and picking up Uncharted 2, the kitten death toll should make the game practically free for me now.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Considering how I'm still not anywhere near going into a store and picking up Uncharted 2, the kitten death toll should make the game practically free for me now.
You could probably open a business selling slippers.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM

For those of you wondering if this game is worth your time, let me offer my opinion on this game as you may find it useful:

Briad is a game that got a lot of hype and BS surrounding it because it's a shinning example of the ability for indepentant developers to succeedand blah blah blah. There's a load of baggage (both good and bad) attached to it because of that, but if you put that stuff aside and just look at this as a game that costs money, it does do something really neat.

The beauty of this game is that there are no power-ups. You have all of the tools at your disposal as soon as you start the game. And even better, you frequently enter areas with clearly marked puzzle pieces which you need to collect, but they are always in some awkward position and there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to get to them. The great thing about the game is looking at the situation and figuring out how you're going to combine the basic mechanics together in such a way that you can get the character to pick up the puzzle piece. It's almost always a combination of very precise platforming and using the time rewind feature to manipulate the environment in some way to create a bridge or stepping stone for you to get where you need to be. And every puzzle piece you encounter can be gotten right when you get to it. There is no having to skip something until you find a double jump or other ability later in the game and then coming back. It's all about using your brain meat.

If that sounds like a neat hook for a game, then you should pick up Braid. If that sounds like something you'll get bored with after 20 minutes, check out the demo first. And if you don't care about brain teasers, skip it. Yeah it's got great music and it's artistic and all that shit, but that's all just window dressing to tart up the core mechanic that this game is based on. Don't let the internet sway you one way or the other based on those aspects. The core of this game is a platforming + time manipulation puzzle.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
I liked the demo on the 360 well enough, but I'll only pick it up if it's at $10.
Never played the 360 version, but heard great things about this game. that said, the one major shortcoming was length considering the XBL price.

I think $10 will be my sweet spot too, so I'll most likely have to wait.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM

$10 would be ok, but i'm not paying more than that, i played the demo on steam and thought it was ok