Problem with Uncharted 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM

Default Problem with Uncharted 2

Has anyone experienced any problems with Uncharted 2 saved files not loading? I've made it to the Monastary and now the game will not load from that point. I can select chapters and start a different one but it will only play the opening cut scene and freeze again when the game play is supposed to start.

I've tried starting a new game but I can't even get that to work correctly.

Am I just unlucky or is this a known problem with the game?

If it's just me, what can I do to fix it? Delete the game from PS3 and try to start over?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheath View Post
Has anyone experienced any problems with Uncharted 2 saved files not loading? I've made it to the Monastary and now the game will not load from that point. I can select chapters and start a different one but it will only play the opening cut scene and freeze again when the game play is supposed to start.

I've tried starting a new game but I can't even get that to work correctly.

Am I just unlucky or is this a known problem with the game?

If it's just me, what can I do to fix it? Delete the game from PS3 and try to start over?
Haven't heard of this one. The only problems I ever had was the game froze on me near the end Ch. 25 two times.

I'd probably just do as you stated and delete the game saves and start fresh.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Haven't heard of this one. The only problems I ever had was the game froze on me near the end Ch. 25 two times.

I'd probably just do as you stated and delete the game saves and start fresh.
It does suck having to nab all the treasures again, but there could be worse things in the world than having to play Uncharted 2 again, I frickin love this game.

Before you go and delete all your progress though, you might consider asking a friend who owns it or renting it from your local store. It's possible your disc is impaired in some way at the monastery level. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm afraid your best bet is to delete and restart.

I haven't suffered a single cataclysmic error, but I have had one or two freezes here and there. Figured it was my old system, but maybe all this greatness is taxing the system a bit?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwoodJD View Post
It does suck having to nab all the treasures again, but there could be worse things in the world than having to play Uncharted 2 again, I frickin love this game.

Before you go and delete all your progress though, you might consider asking a friend who owns it or renting it from your local store. It's possible your disc is impaired in some way at the monastery level. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm afraid your best bet is to delete and restart.

I haven't suffered a single cataclysmic error, but I have had one or two freezes here and there. Figured it was my old system, but maybe all this greatness is taxing the system a bit?
Exactly.

My freezes were on my slim, so I attribute the freezes to greatness overload.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM

i also got a freeze at the end of ch 25, running up the steps