Arkham Asylum - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM

Default Arkham Asylum

Has anyone played this on hard? I thought about beating it again, but didn't know how frustrating it was going to be.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn101787 View Post
Has anyone played this on hard? I thought about beating it again, but didn't know how frustrating it was going to be.
It's tough. I actually don't think the stealth portions were much harder
Spoiler
(except the fountain room near the start of the Greenhouse)
since I like slow and methodical work in a game, but as I'm not one for twitch reflexes and chaining huge combos, the combat portions were extremely difficult for me to get through
Spoiler
(except the final battle with the Joker at the end, surprisingly)

Overall, the hard setting can be frustrating if one or other other game mechanic was not exactly your cup of tea, but I think if you managed both handily then hard will be a challenge but not necessarily frustrating.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 AM

Then I will probably give it a shot, I love stealthy games and truthfully the combat parts weren't hard for me. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 AM

What makes hard more difficult is that there's no indicator that tells you when your enemies are going to attack, so you need to be more conservative in your combat style. Instead of doing three successive punches, you should probably do two, then counter because you know someone is trying to punch you at this point, repeat, and then use your takedowns/throws.

As far as I know, the stealth portions aren't really any different, except that if you're discovered by someone with an armed weapon, you're not going to last. Basically, hard will teach you to take a more tactical approach. Meaning, try not using silent takedowns unless you know you're alone, otherwise, someone else will likely catch you and shoot you. But, make use of inverted takedowns, explosive gel, and sonic batarangs and the like.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club