Would be nice, if true... Cross game chat on PS3 coming? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Would be nice, if true... Cross game chat on PS3 coming?

http://kotaku.com/5381730/ps3-cross+...irmware-update

A developer from Naughty Dog may have let that little tidbit slip when posting on why enemy spectating won't be coming to Uncharted 2. Frankly, it's always been one of those features I'd like to have but can live without (all I need is the ability to at least check messages in-game and switch between mics in game).

However, this brings up a bigger question. If this is true and when it happens, is that not yet another, in an ever growing list, of things PSN now does that XBL does? If it's more appropriate to smackdown, it can be moved, but it's a valid question nonetheless. It has been the number one complaint, bar none, against PSN since the 2.40 update that enabled in-game XMB.

This feature has been up there on the most requested features for the PS3 for some time. I'd certainly welcome anything that adds functionality to my system, personally.

Thoughts?
Old 10-25-2009, 02:35 PM

This is so two weeks ago.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM

This will be great for PSN only users, but I doubt it will be integrated as smoothly as xbl..

I just got two of my friends to get a Slim as they saw me playing UC2 and loved it so much they dished out for a Slim.. They love that the PS3 offers free online, but being that they come from 360 only backgrounds (this gen) they have both said its just not as intuitive or seemless. They mention tacked on and clunky..

Like when trying to invite someone for UC2 MP they would send or get the invite but they were like how the hell do I accept it, it just lets me reply.. Add to that I cant walk them through it till we are in the same lobby as there is no party chat feature..

I am pretty thorough and like to mess with all the settings till I understand them, but these guys are J6P and for them it is just not as good as xbl.. Both love the PS3 and love all the functionality, but still prefer the 360 for gaming.. Me on the other hand, I am starting to split my gaming up quite a bit more and if it doesnt come down to my friends playing with me, I will definitely get more games for the PS3.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
More like 4+ weeks...

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...t-october.html

In the words of NAMBLA member, BBM128, "Old news is old."
Old 10-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Must have missed it, if it was posted. >_>.

I doubt it'll be as smooth, but really, when it comes down to it, it's pretty much a chat application running in the background. Once you get it going, you likely won't have to fool with it.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:09 PM

I think I still have to install my MGS4 headset or register it to my ps3.

Would be nice. As far as the xbl vs. psn dispute I don't think we need to go there. They are very different services.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:16 PM

Cross-game chat would solve a lot of problems. Even if it's not clear how to accept an invite for some game, you can always figure it out by voice.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:45 PM

I always feel like when I'm playing an SP game(Devil May Cry 4) or the SP campaign of a game(Resistance 2/Uncharted 2) that I am missing out on some awesome developments in some games.

Hell, I'd like to get a few DMC4 players, start a chat, and have a race to the top of the Bloody Palace.

October draws to a close soon. We'll see if this "informant" is worth his weight in salt.

EDIT: I also feel like BBM missed the NAMBLA reference.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I think I still have to install my MGS4 headset or register it to my ps3.

Would be nice. As far as the xbl vs. psn dispute I don't think we need to go there. They are very different services.
I wish you would keep having avatars like that one. I'm always thinking you're doing something manly when posting here, like wrestling gators or drinking syrup.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 PM

Slander, for the fail...

And way for me to miss the older thread. I must be getting old or something. >_>