Vote: What titles SHOULD people buy? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What 3 games do you recommend for these sales?
Halo ODST 9 15.79%
Killzone 2 15 26.32%
LBP GOTY 13 22.81%
Uncharted 2 52 91.23%
Ghostbusters 1 1.75%
Batman: AA 21 36.84%
Demon Souls 19 33.33%
Halo Wars 5 8.77%
Fallout 3 GOTY 31 54.39%
Other: You are encouraged to post games not on this list 13 22.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Default Vote: What titles SHOULD people buy?

This thread is self-serving while also possibly being helpful to others.

With toys'r'us having a buy 2, get 1 free sale on any game, and now Bestbuy turning around and doing the same -- it really made me start taking a good look at what I was missing in my games queue.

Last weekend, I picked up Uncharted 2, Batman: AA, and Fallout 3 GOTY.

Now, this coming week, I have to decide how I might take advantage of the bestbuy sale.

Help people figure out what 3 games they should be picking up in a sale like this. What games have you played over the last year (including holidays 2008) until now, that if people don't own, they really should be buying in one of these sales?

I'll start by saying that I think anyone who hasn't bought LittleBigPlanet owes it to themselves to pickup the newly released GOTY edition. Likewise with Fallout 3. I'll also go with Killzone 2 as a recommendation, because exclusives tend to drop price slower, and take forever to hit the bargain bin.

NOTE: I enabled multiple votes, but please only select your favorites (limiting your votes to 3 max). Also, I realize this list is not exhaustive, and the "other" option, with an explanation, is highly encouraged in this thread. Afterall, that means I haven't thought of them.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM

Right now I'm deciding between Ratchet or Demon's Souls. Either way, I get the feeling I won't have the time to commit to either game until the holidays.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 PM

Going with the obvious... Killzone 2, LBP GOTY (assuming you don't have LBP), Uncharted 2. Full disclosure, I'm only 46% through Uncharted 2, but it fucking kicks ass. And I already know the MP kicks ass from the beta.

Killzone 2: the best war shooter I've played this generation. I've played all the major ones except Gears 2.

LBP: endlessly awesome. (Though the last pre-final-boss level is dickish. But the bulk of the game is in the user-made content.)

Uncharted 2: !

Nothing exclusive on 360 has really caught me this year, but I've greatly enjoyed Guitar Hero Metallica and The Beatles game is pretty good.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:03 PM

Buy all of those on the list, they are all great. If you already have Fallout 3 and none of the DLC, then sell your copy and get the GOTY. As for LBP, stick with your copy if you already have it. I'd put Ghostbusters at the bottom of the list though. It's fun but it's not up to snuff with the rest of that list.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Buy all of those on the list, they are all great. If you already have Fallout 3 and none of the DLC, then sell your copy and get the GOTY. As for LBP, stick with your copy if you already have it. I'd put Ghostbusters at the bottom of the list though. It's fun but it's not up to snuff with the rest of that list.
Do you still have the PS3 version of Ghostbusters?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 PM

Demon Souls gets my vote along with Borderlands... you need to invest some time into it. Feels meh at first but soon you can't put it down and it really comes into it's own. At this point Borderlands is about a 9. It has short comings but they're being nullified by it's other awesome points.

Then probably Rachet & clank if you don't already own Uncharted 2. ODST will probably be on sale soon prior to xmas given it's already sold so much.

So i'd probably wait for that. But i'm playing around with the idea of buying borderlands on the ps3 as well then getting Rachet & Clank if I can find a 3rd game i'd like that I don't own.

But I gotta talk to a dude at work and see if he's getting borderlands yet on ps3.

But Demon Souls & Borderlands would be my top 2, if you're into odd metal comedy and don't mind some sloppy controls Brutal Legend would be great as well.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Do you still have the PS3 version of Ghostbusters?
Nope. Got fed up when their patch didn't deliver... Will get on the 360 eventually.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Nope. Got fed up when their patch didn't deliver... Will get on the 360 eventually.
Oh, was wondering. Shoeless and I are trying to get some MP trophies and it's been a pain without 4 players.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 PM

I want everything but Batman and Ghostbusters. I already have Demon Souls and KillZone 2.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello Doll View Post
I want everything but Batman and Ghostbusters. I already have Demon Souls and KillZone 2.
You should get Batman... it really is good.