Need help with PSN/PS3. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Need help with PSN/PS3.

I've given my account information to few of my friends so they could get betas, DLC, and/or DL games. The limit to the number of friends is 5, and so everytime I try to give my friend Map Pack #2 for CoD WaW he says that message about the 5 people limit comes up. I've asked my friends and saw some of them deactivate my account on their PSN, but it still won't let him DL the map pack.

Any suggests on what to do?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 PM

It's possible that your account was flagged for sharing violation. The whole 5 seperate accounts thing is kind of a niceness on Sony's part for users with multiple PS3s, I can see them cracking down on people sharing content from various people. It could also simply mean that the map pack has already been downloaded by 5 different accounts (maybe one of your friends told someone else or installed it on a 2nd PS3. *shrug* The system isn't designed for 5 people to be using the content at once.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Ok, thanks Weasl.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
It's possible that your account was flagged for sharing violation. The whole 5 seperate accounts thing is kind of a niceness on Sony's part for users with multiple PS3s, I can see them cracking down on people sharing content from various people. It could also simply mean that the map pack has already been downloaded by 5 different accounts (maybe one of your friends told someone else or installed it on a 2nd PS3. *shrug* The system isn't designed for 5 people to be using the content at once.
Weasl you are a far nicer person then I am... (and I'm a pretty nice guy... really ) but it's taken every fiber in my body not to say something smart ass about him sharing his account with 5 friends for illegitimate means... I applaud you sir.. you're a better man then I...