Trophy glitch. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-20-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Trophy glitch.

Not a good one mind you. I just upgraded my HDD and naturally had backed up everything so the trophy list was intact, and everything seemed fine. Or so I thought.

I played NGS2, only to have odd trophies popping out.. stuff I've already gotten. I did one Izuna Drop and got the trophy for it that requires you to perform 1000 (among others), so I checked my trophy list again while in-game and the entire list of NGS2 trophies was gone. I can get them back easily but if this is not limited to the game itself, I'm basically back to zero.

Anyone else have had the problem?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX2 View Post
Not a good one mind you. I just upgraded my HDD and naturally had backed up everything so the trophy list was intact, and everything seemed fine. Or so I thought.

I played NGS2, only to have odd trophies popping out.. stuff I've already gotten. I did one Izuna Drop and got the trophy for it that requires you to perform 1000 (among others), so I checked my trophy list again while in-game and the entire list of NGS2 trophies was gone. I can get them back easily but if this is not limited to the game itself, I'm basically back to zero.

Anyone else have had the problem?
Had the same problem back in March or so, and when I logged in to PSN it updated my trophy list and all my trophies came back.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 PM

Yeah try logging in to psn and pulling your trophy list back over. I had something similar happen to me when i upgraded to a slim. The other possibility is that you never uploaded your trophy data for the game, but chances are you just need sync the info again.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Yeah, what the others said.

The PSN will have the trophies saved if you'd synched them, but your PS3 won't know you had them on the HDD. Seems like an annoyance at first, but for me there's a HUGE advantage of doing it this way...back when I'd play bunch of 360 games at my brothers, I needed to spend the several minutes every time to download my Live profile if I didn't want to lose any achievements I'd made there. The PS3's method seems to allow playing your account on friends' PS3s while keeping track of trophies more easily.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 PM

Let me try it again. I logged onto the PSN and synced the data, but I guess it's worth another try.

EDIT: Phew, thanks guys.