Can you share downlodable unlocks on PS3? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Can you share downlodable unlocks on PS3?

Do you guys know if you can share downloadable unlocks on PS3? My friend has the code to unlock the "Revenge" perk for Uncharted 2 while I have the golden guns unlock and an extra character online. Would we be able to redeem it on a new account then each re download it and be able to use them?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Greg View Post
Do you guys know if you can share downloadable unlocks on PS3? My friend has the code to unlock the "Revenge" perk for Uncharted 2 while I have the golden guns unlock and an extra character online. Would we be able to redeem it on a new account then each re download it and be able to use them?
You might be able to share under one account, but preorder bonuses have been hazy on sharing. I could probably give you my revenge code if you really want it.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-18-2009, 11:17 PM

Yes. You can. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you. So, I'm going to put it in Spoiler tags. If it's wrong, then I'll delete it, or a Mod can do it. I'm merely telling you common knowledge.
Spoiler
You need to have a friend you trust, as you'll have access to their FULL ACCOUNT. Now, you put each others account on your machines. Log into the other user...and there you go. Go into their "view downloads" in the PSN store, and you'll find the content. Re-download, and you are golden.

I go halvies with my friend all the time.

He was able to get both of the LBP preorder bonuses that I scored.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
You might be able to share under one account, but preorder bonuses have been hazy on sharing. I could probably give you my revenge code if you really want it.
its not that i really want it its just we want to share em since i have the golden guns and he has the revenge code so we both have both of the unlocks, just dont wanna unlock the stuff for an account we made to share and both lose the unlocks
Old 10-18-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Yes. You can. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you. So, I'm going to put it in Spoiler tags. If it's wrong, then I'll delete it, or a Mod can do it. I'm merely telling you common knowledge.
Spoiler
You need to have a friend you trust, as you'll have access to their FULL ACCOUNT. Now, you put each others account on your machines. Log into the other user...and there you go. Go into their "view downloads" in the PSN store, and you'll find the content. Re-download, and you are golden.

I go halvies with my friend all the time.

He was able to get both of the LBP preorder bonuses that I scored.
oh ok, yeah we have an account we share where we buy the games and both log on it, thanks