Uncharted 2 and Batman, GOTY? Pfft. Step aside...a new challenger appears!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Default Uncharted 2 and Batman, GOTY? Pfft. Step aside...a new challenger appears!!

Quote:
In Jurassic: The Hunted, Dinosaurs Hunt You

It seems that 2009 still has a few surprises left, as Call of Duty publisher Activision today announced a dino-centric first-person shooter due out in less than three weeks.

In Jurassic: The Hunted, players find themselves on an "island lost in time" after venturing into the Bermud...you know what? The story doesn't matter. What matters is you'll be shooting dinosaurs, sometimes in the face.

"Get ready to be hunted," said Activision's David Oxford, with today's announcement adding that the game "promises hours of dino-survivalist entertainment at its finest."

Due North America on November 3, Jurassic: The Hunted is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii for $39.99. A $29.99 PlayStation 2 edition will hit the same day.

Of course, it's usually not a good sign when we first hear about a game a few weeks before release and the publisher makes a point of its lower-than-normal price. It's also hard to not get excited about hunting dinosaurs, so here's hoping for the best.

Should you desire more on this game of the year candidate, here's all we know:

Quote:
PREHISTORIC SURVIVAL ACTION UNLEASHED IN ACTIVISION PUBLISHING'S UPCOMING JURASSIC: THE HUNTED

Fight for Your Life Against Bloodthirsty Dinosaurs

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - October 16, 2009 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that Jurassic: The Hunted will be released November 3 on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, and Wii. This is a relentless first person action game where you must fight for survival by scavenging for weapons, defending barricades, and battling titanic dinosaurs.

"Get ready to be the hunted," said David Oxford, Activision Publishing. "In Jurassic: The Hunted players will experience nonstop, vicious dinosaur attacks coming from all directions - and these are massive beasts that don't go down with a single rifle shot."

Jurassic: the Hunted is an epic shooter set on a dark, mysterious island lost in time. Players assume the role of weapons and survival expert Craig Dylan, who has been hired to protect a research team studying the strange temporal energy of the island. Protection quickly becomes a fight for survival as Dylan is pulled back in time through the Bermuda Triangle and finds himself facing the most terrifying creatures in the history of the planet.

Combat encounters include "arena" style fights, fortification sieges, survival modes and unforgettable boss battles. Adrenaline bursts give you an edge - this cinematic gameplay feature allows the player to visualize and then target an opponent's weak points in slow motion. Jurassic the Hunted promises hours of dino-survivalist entertainment at its finest.

Jurassic: The Hunted will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii for $39.99. The PlayStation 2version will be $29.99. For more information visit www.activision.com.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60898

The only thing that came to my mind was the Street Fighter music cue of, A New Challenger Appears.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:35 PM

well with a $40 introductory price point, activision is telling us how goty-worthy it is already
Old 10-16-2009, 01:39 PM

yes. very!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I don't think Batman should be on any GoTY list. Its a fun game but not at the GoTY level.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm diggin' the headline, "In this game, Dinos hunt YOU!".

Because you know... that's such a far out concept.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM

I wish they had Dinosaurs with chain guns mounted to their backs. Also, I wished the vehicles were Cadillacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
I don't think Batman should be on any GoTY list. Its a fun game but not at the GoTY level.
I beg to differ.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I wish they had Dinosaurs with chain guns mounted to their backs. Also, I wished the vehicles were Cadillacs.
BAH! Who needs Cadillacs and Dinosaurs when you can have the ultimate in Dino-goodness?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
Agreed, totally! Right now Demon Souls is my PS3 GOTY recommendation. Other than that, nothing has really wow'd me like this game has and the rest are pretty standard 'been there done that' FPS games.

On the 360, I think the best game of the year has been Halo Wars. It was an incredible RTS experience on a console, which in and of itself is amazing.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Agreed, totally! Right now Demon Souls is my PS3 GOTY recommendation. Other than that, nothing has really wow'd me like this game has and the rest are pretty standard 'been there done that' FPS games.

On the 360, I think the best game of the year has been Halo Wars. It was an incredible RTS experience on a console, which in and of itself is amazing.
have you played uncharted 2? thats my pick for GOTY.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkalinesi View Post
have you played uncharted 2? thats my pick for GOTY.
No, not yet, but it seems a lot like the first one. I'm sure it's going to be good but I haven't heard anything about it that wasn't already done in the last one - save adding multiplayer.