too human explanation - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2009, 04:13 PM

Default too human explanation

I just got too human in the mail from gamefly.

I popped it in and so far it's decent.

But for those that played it what in the hell is going on?

I couldn't pay attention and all I know is we go into some castle fort type area and start fighting. then I get a flashback of the main character getting an OK to start an expedition. then soon after I reach the god realm and they bless me with some abilities.

without spoilers can someone help clarify the story to me please. I am only level 7.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:42 PM

The story will make a lot more sense if you are familiar with Norse mythology, but even then the story in that game is a pretty abstract retelling. Honestly you're better off just following the instructions and finishing the game (if you don't hate it). It will make more sense as you get into it, but there won't be an "ah-ha!" moment. Just expect it to be confusing and weird and end pretty quickly.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:49 PM

It was also designed to be a trilogy with more details about the overall story and plot revealed in the later two games.

I don't think we will be seeing those sequels, though.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
The story will make a lot more sense if you are familiar with Norse mythology, but even then the story in that game is a pretty abstract retelling. Honestly you're better off just following the instructions and finishing the game (if you don't hate it). It will make more sense as you get into it, but there won't be an "ah-ha!" moment. Just expect it to be confusing and weird and end pretty quickly.
i just want to know what i'm fighting against at least in the beginning haha

alright thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
It was also designed to be a trilogy with more details about the overall story and plot revealed in the later two games.

I don't think we will be seeing those sequels, though.
Really? I thought I read part 2 was in production.

I'd give them one more shot, since they're not retooling a brand new engine or sueing anyone we might get a polished game.

BTW anyone know how that ended up? (lawsuite)

Story will make more sense as you play.... can't really say much else without spoiling stuff. But yeah, it's not a strong point of the experience anyway. Co op if you can find someone.

I would be Demon Souls....
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Last I heard Silicon Knights is working away on a horror game for Sega. Of course Sega is bad about giving out news ever (cough cough...Alpha Protocol) so who knows if its in development still, on hold, or canceled.