3 Games from the Toys'R'Us Special - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2009, 02:08 AM

Default 3 Games from the Toys'R'Us Special

As the bargain bin thread shows, toys'r'us is having a buy 2, get 1 free deal this week. I was wondering what 3 games everyone, who did/will take advantage of the deal are getting. Even if you aren't buying from this deal, what 3 would you be getting if you were?

I ask because I'm interested to hear what people are getting, and I'm also looking for ideas for myself. I'm particularly broke, so this might be a good time for me to buy my last games until any christmas purchasing.

I don't expect this to be a huge thread because it's obviously a limited time deal, but it's cool to know what others are getting, or plan to get either in this deal or some other way in the near future.

I would get uncharted 2, maybe brutal legend, and perhaps fallout 3 goty edition (even though i already have fallout 3 and would probably get screwed when selling it or trading it in), but i didn't dig the ninja gaiden sigma 2 demo.

Keep in mind that preorders no longer work.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 AM

I would have gone with Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and then some other game to return to a walmart or something for Borderlands next week.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:53 AM

I picked up

Uncharted 2
NBA Live 2010
Operation Flashpoint (i'm returning it next week for Smackdown vs Raw 2010)

I had reward zone certificates and picked up Brutal Legend at best buy to take advantage of their 10 dollar gift card offer.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM

I bought:

Brutal Legend
Magnacarta 2
Dead Space Extraction

Games that I was on the fence about, and probably wouldn't have bought right away without the deal.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM

I didn't partake in the deal, considering I had Uncharted 2 paid in full at Amazon. Assuming I didn't have U2 preordered from Amazon, I would've bought U2, Brutal Legend, and Fallout 3 GOTY.

Badger, if you don't own it yet, at the very least you need to get Uncharted 2.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM

i would've got uncharted 2, brutal, fallout goty

but i was broke this week so i just got uncharted, good thing it's awesome
Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 AM

I tried going to Toys R Us, but they didn't have any Uncharted copies left.

My case is a little different, because I need two copies of Uncharted - so I would have got two copies of Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend.

I did ask to look at the Williams Pin-Ball game that came out last month while I was there. At only $39.99 standard price, it looks like a sweet game...even has a decent metacritic.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
I tried going to Toys R Us, but they didn't have any Uncharted copies left.

My case is a little different, because I need two copies of Uncharted - so I would have got two copies of Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend.

I did ask to look at the Williams Pin-Ball game that came out last month while I was there. At only $39.99 standard price, it looks like a sweet game...even has a decent metacritic.
This would explain why mine is on back order, fuckers.

I got Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend (shipped), and MagnaCarta 2.

Then Also double dipped with Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, and LBP GoTY edition. I've already received LBP!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
This would explain why mine is on back order, fuckers.

I got Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend (shipped), and MagnaCarta 2.

Then Also double dipped with Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, and LBP GoTY edition. I've already received LBP!
Damn dude. You aren't eating ramen noodles for the rest of the week from your addiction, are you?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 AM

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend

I would have got MW2 if they had the normal edition.