Borderlands - Half Hour of Game Play - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Default Borderlands - Half Hour of Game Play

Giant Bomb has posted up a Quick Look for Borderlands:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...lands/17-1498/

The first half of the video is early game stuff with 4 player co-op. The second half is a new game plus section showing off some of the high level weapons, abilities, enemies, etc. Regenerating bullets FTW!

Can't wait for this game.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 PM

I need to win the lottery. Not because it's expensive to buy these games but because I want the time to play them all thoroughly.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 PM

Looks cool.. I'm gonna pick it up..
Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 PM

At this rate, I'm going to need most of 2010 to catch up on the games of 2009.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I need to win the lottery. Not because it's expensive to buy these games but because I want the time to play them all thoroughly.
I'm in the same boat. I'm working 50 hours a week and I have like 15 games on my back log. I just got ODST and Sigma 2 and I haven't had nearly enough time to play them.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
I'm in the same boat. I'm working 50 hours a week and I have like 15 games on my back log. I just got ODST and Sigma 2 and I haven't had nearly enough time to play them.
Goes for me too. Too many good games, not enough time to play them.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 AM

I wasn't too impressed. game seems fun, but the world just seems bland. As bland as can be.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 PM

I read an interview where Randy Pitchford (sp? i don't feel like looking it up again), a dev for the game, basically was like "Yeah, Fallout 3 was cool and all. But all that dialogue tree stuff is dumb and we don't have any of that crap."

I take away that to mean it's going to be a FPS with customizable weapons and skill level-ups, but nothing to indicate its an FPS and RPG hybrid which they have been claiming. The way its been described you'll talk to an NPC by clicking on button, that person will say go kill these people or get this item, and then you go do it in FPS mode. There is no dynamic interaction with the environment and the NPCs, just quest machines (think the little dots that you go to in GTA games to get the next mission).

Actually, it sounds like Diablo as an FPS. That might be a good thing, but its no "RPG"
Old 10-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Looks like Fallout 3...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwoodJD View Post
I read an interview where Randy Pitchford (sp? i don't feel like looking it up again), a dev for the game, basically was like "Yeah, Fallout 3 was cool and all. But all that dialogue tree stuff is dumb and we don't have any of that crap."

I take away that to mean it's going to be a FPS with customizable weapons and skill level-ups, but nothing to indicate its an FPS and RPG hybrid which they have been claiming. The way its been described you'll talk to an NPC by clicking on button, that person will say go kill these people or get this item, and then you go do it in FPS mode. There is no dynamic interaction with the environment and the NPCs, just quest machines (think the little dots that you go to in GTA games to get the next mission).

Actually, it sounds like Diablo as an FPS. That might be a good thing, but its no "RPG"
Pitchford has directly compared it to Diablo, so you are spot on. There are no customizable weapons though. The game has procedurally generated guns, which is what creates the loot lust a-la Diablo.