Dust 514 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Default Dust 514

Trailer
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_dust...-13325_en.html

Quote:
CCP Studios, the makers of EVE Online, have decided to work on a console title called Dust 514. The game will be a MMOFPS set in the universe of EVE Online and allowing players of the two games to interact with each other: players of EVE will for example be able to hire players of Dust 514 as mercenaries. Let's hope such an original and ambitious idea will be well-received by the players. MMOs are not that frequent on consoles let alone MMOFPS, which should please Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owners. No release date has been announced yet but expect to learn more about the game soon. Until then, here is the first trailer.
Looks good IMO.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM

Very cool idea behind the cross game play.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Wow, this looks and sounds freaking great. As a science fiction nut, any game of this type usually gets my attention, but the concept of integrating the two games together is A++ in my book. EVE Online is one of those games I've always wanted to try out, but have just never gotten around to it. I rather like the idea of being a mercenary too. I wonder if the merc players can get their own ship as well, sorta like Mass Effect. That way we can still travel around without having to be hired and transported by an EVE Online player.

I hope it is not multiplayer only, like MAG. Not that I wouldn't still be interested, but the little bit I know about the EVE world, it is an interesting and well thought out science fiction universe. Seems like a good place to set a single player and maybe even a co-op campaign in.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:52 AM

I tried EVE a couple months ago because my brother is really really into it. He gave me a ton of money to help me get started, but I just couldn't get into it. It's all very involved, really don't get much direction at all, and kinda reminds me of looking at accounting worksheets. Dust sounds like a game that's more my style. My brother wants me to get this game and be a hired mercenary for him.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
I tried EVE a couple months ago because my brother is really really into it. He gave me a ton of money to help me get started, but I just couldn't get into it. It's all very involved, really don't get much direction at all, and kinda reminds me of looking at accounting worksheets. Dust sounds like a game that's more my style. My brother wants me to get this game and be a hired mercenary for him.
Yeah, that's kinda what I worried about EVE Online being. Don't get me wrong, I know some people love it, but I have a suspicion that it won't exactly be my cup of tea.

I'm much more interested in the merc/soldier idea too, as it sounds like there is an in-game war and not just merc missions closed off from the larger story lines of the EVE game world.

I just hope everything is not totally dependent on people hiring the merc/soldier players. I want to be able to explore the galaxy a bit on my own, even if it means hitching a ride on someone's ship for in-game currency. Maybe they'll implement some sort of intergalactic public transportation system for those without their own ships?