XBOX 360 Elite - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 AM
zach.riggs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default XBOX 360 Elite

I used to have one sold it because I had a PS3 and was in college, now that i've graduated i'm thinking about buying another one. I already own a stand alone blu ray player so that won't be an issue. My question is I was thinking about buying one of the two following options.

XBOX 360 Elite Modern Warefare 2 Package
250gb hard drive
extra controller
ugly face plate
game included
Total:$399.99 +tax =$425.00, have to wait until mid November

XBOX 360 Elite buy it seperately
120gb hard drive -$299.99
buying controller -$37.99
normal face plate
purchase game seperately -$59.99
Total:$397.97 +tax =$421.84, could buy this now.

As you can see, my problem, do you ever use all that hard drive or what? If not, i'll probably buy next week.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2009, 02:24 AM
murphjp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,329
Default

I would buy the arcade, and get MW2 for the PS3.

But if your going to get an elite and 2 controllers I would wait for the MW2 edition.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
fireb0x's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn101787 View Post
I used to have one sold it because I had a PS3 and was in college, now that i've graduated i'm thinking about buying another one. I already own a stand alone blu ray player so that won't be an issue. My question is I was thinking about buying one of the two following options.

XBOX 360 Elite Modern Warefare 2 Package
250gb hard drive
extra controller
ugly face plate
game included
Total:$399.99 +tax =$425.00, have to wait until mid November

XBOX 360 Elite buy it seperately
120gb hard drive -$299.99
buying controller -$37.99
normal face plate
purchase game seperately -$59.99
Total:$397.97 +tax =$421.84, could buy this now.

As you can see, my problem, do you ever use all that hard drive or what? If not, i'll probably buy next week.
Why not just buy it from amazon and not have to pay tax?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 AM
zach.riggs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

What if something is wrong, i've never had to return something through amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Pyrelis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn101787 View Post
What if something is wrong, i've never had to return something through amazon.
Well that's just it - neither have I, including a 1800$ fairly fragile telescope.

The chances of you getting a defective package are awefully slim.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Mase's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn101787 View Post
What if something is wrong, i've never had to return something through amazon.
Its really easy, just save the box it comes in and if something is wrong you can go online and print out a shipping tag to send it back.. All it costs you is the the tape to repackage it and the time it takes to go into a place where you can ship it off to them. Also at the same time that your sending it back, 9 out of 10 times customer service will send you another one so you dont have to wait for them to receive it. I have never sent anything back and ive been a prime customer since it started (2 years or so) and spend a couple grand a year from them and so far I have never had to send anything back. So chances are you will be alright
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
-Red_Mage-'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 255
Default

I've had to return two Elites to Amazon that RRoD'd. They gave me full refunds back very quickly and it wasn't too bad sending it back either. I ended up getting a pro because I could not find an Elite with a newer build date and the two I bought died within days of turning on. If you end up buying locally remember to check the build date. That's the main drawback to buying online.

As far as the harddrive, I would opt for the bigger one. I consider almost every 360 game to be a mandatory hdd install nowadays because it's so much quieter to play afterward.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
I would buy the arcade, and get MW2 for the PS3.

But if your going to get an elite and 2 controllers I would wait for the MW2 edition.
Why would he buy it for the PS3??? He didn't even ask anything about that at all. He was saying that he was buying another Xbox 360 and buying the game for the Xbox 360.

Why don't you buy the game for the Xbox 360 and call it even?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

To the question at hand:

You should really buy the Modern Warfare edition from Amazon if you buy it; No tax, free shipping. The Modern Warfare edition is a very good deal and it really is the way to go IF you want/need all it has... otherwise, you... well, it is a really good deal, so I would buy it over any other system.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
murphjp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Why would he buy it for the PS3??? He didn't even ask anything about that at all. He was saying that he was buying another Xbox 360 and buying the game for the Xbox 360.

Why don't you buy the game for the Xbox 360 and call it even?
I said that mostly because he owns a PS3. And its free online, if you only own 1 360 game to play online its not worth the cost of live.

And I'm not going to be buying MW2. The single player is short enough for me to rent and finish, and the online I dislike the way CoD rewards kill streaks. So I wouldn't spend much time playing it so it would be a waste of money for me to buy it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xbox One Elite Bundle - 1TB SSHD, Elite Controller- $499 CorruptedDragon Gaming Smackdown 77 09-10-2015 09:02 AM
Xbox 360 Elite vs. Xbox 360 the review Master X Gaming Smackdown 31 04-27-2007 06:57 PM
Elite not so elite. Another version coming. Delta88 Gaming Smackdown 63 04-05-2007 09:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off