Dev Videos on PS3 game BDs? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Dev Videos on PS3 game BDs?

Finished playing Batman: AA and happened to notice on the XMB that the BD was listed under both "game" and "video." Turns out easily accessible from the XMB are the developer videos and trailers for Batman: AA. Pretty nifty...maybe all that extra space for multiplatform games doesn't have to go to waste. I'm used to not getting dev diary bonus vids because I won't shell out the cash for the generally poor "limited editions." (I'm assuming these vids weren't on the 360 release, but just a guess).

I know Uncharted 1 had developer videos, but you had to boot up the game to the main menu (and you couldn't use the remote controls for pause or fast forward, which kinda sucks).

Any other games out there utilizing this nice bonus feature, to include dev videos free of charge (ie not in higher priced packages) either through the games start menu itself or straight from the XMB video listing?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 PM

batman is all that i know of, i liked being able to watch that stuff from the video section, it was definitely a nice feature
Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 PM

I loved the way they made the vids accessible trough the XMB. I do hope more devs use it like that too.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM

There have been a couple other games with bonus videos / dev diaries, but this is the first one I recall that was simply XMB accessible. Definitely a nice feature to me.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:54 AM

I have an EA with a couple of demos accessible straight from the XMB but I don't remember which.