Wireless PS3 headset problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Default Wireless PS3 headset problem

So I tried to join a game of Uncharted 2 with some guys here a few nights ago but when I got in to the room I could only hear one out of the ten or so people in it, and that was pretty sporadic. I don't think anyone could hear me.

It's the official Sony PS3 model, and when I test it in the devices screen it picks up and plays my voice fine.

Thoughts or suggestions? I'd like to get back to U2.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Make sure the device is enabled and is the correct model selected. I remember something similar with my headset, it picked up my voice and all, but I didn't enable it for games so Vince couldn't hear me.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 AM

Well, I'd done all that before but I gave it another try and joined a game to test it. I heard everyone that was talking and they heard me so that made me happy but the sound quiality coming through the headset was ass.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Well, I'd done all that before but I gave it another try and joined a game to test it. I heard everyone that was talking and they heard me so that made me happy but the sound quiality coming through the headset was ass.
I have the same problem with Warhawk. The sound quality in general is awful. Haven't tried it with the Uncharted 2 demo. I suspect it's either a coding issue or the PSN since people can hear me perfectly when I use the headset with my cell phone. I know it's not my connection since voice chat works great on xbox live.